Update of typ with correct codepage and special chars

Update of typ with correct codepage and special chars

Joris Bo

Hello,

Thx for all the help and tips.

When using utf-8 and codepage 65001 together it works from txt tot typ and back to .txt

But it’s easy to mess up if you (accidently) re-save from a typ-editor in the wrong txt format, so be careful.

Tested from .txt to .typ with mkgmap.jar

  • In the previous version I made a mistake when restoring a backup column of the German translations after messing up,

This should now be the work of Ralf

  • The Portuguese translations are updated thx to Alexandre
  • Thx to Steph for the French translations !
  • Hopefully fixed the codepage issues

Feel free to feedback

New languages can be added using the xls

Kind regards Joris

mapnik.typ (38K) Download Attachment
20190125 Translations.xlsx (47K) Download Attachment
mapnik.txt (168K) Download Attachment

Re: Update of typ with correct codepage and special chars

Gerd Petermann
Hi all,

I did not yet commit this to the typ branch because I see a warning with this typ file when I don't use unicode:

D:\mkgmap>java -jar dist\mkgmap.jar  --latin1 f:\osm\dummy.osm resources\typ-files\mapnik.txt
Time started: Mon Jan 28 07:39:23 CET 2019
WARNING: SortCode in TYP txt file different from command line setting

The warning disappears when I remove the --latin1 option. What is this about?

Gerd

Re: Update of typ with correct codepage and special chars

Steve Ratcliffe
On 28/01/2019 06:43, Gerd Petermann wrote:
> WARNING: SortCode in TYP txt file different from command line setting
>
> The warning disappears when I remove the --latin1 option. What is this about?

I suppose that warning should be removed.  That's assuming that it is OK
to have a TYP file with a different code-page to the map tiles?

Steve

Re: Update of typ with correct codepage and special chars

nwillink
Hi Gerd & Steve

I suggested utf_8 for the typ file to ensure languages such as Greek,
Russian,Arabic,Chinese etc can all be included.

As an experiment I have been using CP 65001 in my TYP file with labels
for my icons in Chinese,Arabic and Russian and the latin option without
any problems on any of my gps's

Nick

On 28/01/2019 06:43, Gerd Petermann wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I did not yet commit this to the typ branch because I see a warning with this typ file when I don't use unicode:
>
> D:\mkgmap>java -jar dist\mkgmap.jar  --latin1 f:\osm\dummy.osm resources\typ-files\mapnik.txt
> Time started: Mon Jan 28 07:39:23 CET 2019
> WARNING: SortCode in TYP txt file different from command line setting
>
> The warning disappears when I remove the --latin1 option. What is this about?
>
> Gerd

Hi Steve,

do you mean like in the attached patch?

Gerd

SortCode.patch (1K) Download Attachment

Re: Update of typ with correct codepage and special chars

Steve Ratcliffe
Hi Gerd

> do you mean like in the attached patch?

I was wrong.

The TYP file is created with the code page as specified on the command
line, overriding the code-page in the typ text file.

If there is no --code-page (or --latin1) then the code page in the file
is used.

This probably needs to change so that a code-page in the file overrides
the command line option, instead of the other way round.

..Steve

Re: Update of typ with correct codepage and special chars

Gerd Petermann
Hi Steve,

I'd like to commit the new typ file but my understanding is that we first need your patch for this code-page handling?

Gerd