Uploading complete 0.2 XML files via the API

Uploading complete 0.2 XML files via the API

Nick Whitelegg-2

Would be good to be able to upload (via the API) a complete 0.2 OSM format
XML file, with both nodes and segments. e.g.

<osm version="0.2">
<node lat='xxx' lon='xxx' tags=''/>
<node....>
<node...>
<segment from="xxx" to="yyy" tags=""/>
<segment....>
</osm>

The only problem with this, of course, would be that the "from" and "to"
values for the segments would be unknown if the nodes are new. Could we
maybe implement a system where if node and segment IDs were negative
numbers, e.g.

<node lat='xxx' lon='yyy' tags='' uid='-1'>

and

<segment from='-1' to='-2' tags=''/>

then OSM would just allocate the next available ID to them?

Steve - if you're happy with this I could always implement it.

Nick

Re: Uploading complete 0.2 XML files via the API

Steve Coast
Something along those lines would be good.

I just updated the data stats, it's quicker now and shows the number of
segments with tags.

As a general thing, requests like either of the above and bugs... it'd
really help me keep track of things if you submit tickets in trac as
well as mailing the list. I get too much email :-)

* @ 11/11/05 09:33:03 AM [hidden email] wrote:

> Would be good to be able to upload (via the API) a complete 0.2 OSM format
> XML file, with both nodes and segments. e.g.
>
> <osm version="0.2">
> <node lat='xxx' lon='xxx' tags=''/>
> <node....>
> <node...>
> <segment from="xxx" to="yyy" tags=""/>
> <segment....>
> </osm>
>
> The only problem with this, of course, would be that the "from" and "to"
> values for the segments would be unknown if the nodes are new. Could we
> maybe implement a system where if node and segment IDs were negative
> numbers, e.g.
>
> <node lat='xxx' lon='yyy' tags='' uid='-1'>
>
> and
>
> <segment from='-1' to='-2' tags=''/>
>
> then OSM would just allocate the next available ID to them?
>
> Steve - if you're happy with this I could always implement it.
>
> Nick

have fun,

SteveC [hidden email] http://www.asklater.com/steve/