Urgent problem: pink tiles while requesting lvl 16, 17 & 18 tiles

Urgent problem: pink tiles while requesting lvl 16, 17 & 18 tiles

Álvaro Enríquez de Luna Muñoz
Hello, everybody.

I am facing an strange issue. A co-worker set up a tile server for a client by using the instructions on this link:

http://switch2osm.org/serving-tiles/building-a-tile-server-from-packages/

This co-worker isn't working with us anymore, and I am currently facing an urgent problem. Requested tiles from levels 16, 17 and 18 from zones that has never been visited (the app was being used in very restricted areas and now different zones have been enabled) are showing as pink squares. I have read that this requests may fail but they were supposed to be queued and ready to serve after a time. It is not happening. Zones that users have been using previously work just fine (i.e. http://tile.vaivengtc.com/osm/18/126499/102473.png)

You can take a look at the server here:

I have been googling the problem for the whole day and all I found was a firefox bug, which is not my case since it is happening in all the browsers, and this:

https://help.openstreetmap.org/questions/16050/pink-tiles-instead-of-map

which is not my case neither since the tile's URL seems to be ok.

Since I have never managed this server before, I am scared about making any change because it is a production server, so I need it to be up and running while I solve this problem.

Can someone shed some light on my problem? Maybe pointing out to some helpful link? I would appreciate any help, since I need to solve this issue before next thursday.

Best regards,

Álvaro Enríquez de Luna Muñoz - CTO
www.many-worlds.es
Phone: +34 675 933 744 / +34 911 298 111

Augmented Reality Technology

Re: Urgent problem: pink tiles while requesting lvl 16, 17 & 18 tiles

SomeoneElse
Álvaro Enríquez de Luna Muñoz wrote:
> This co-worker isn't working with us anymore, and I am currently
> facing an urgent problem.

Just for info - the "newbies" list is intended for newbie mappers,
rather than newbie tile server admins.

You might want to try on the dev list

or on #osm or #osm-dev on IRC.

Cheers,

Andy

Re: Urgent problem: pink tiles while requesting lvl 16, 17 & 18 tiles

Gys de Jongh
I think you mean this area in the OpenStreetMap :

<http://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=14/40.8461/-3.4158>

I just looked at it in JOSM and the area has these tags :

Landuse=military
name=Campo de Maniobras de Uceda

So it's a restricted military area, hence the rendering in
pink.
Nothing wrong Imo
Gys de Jongh

I am currently facing an urgent problem. Requested tiles
from levels 16, 17 and 18 from zones that has never been
visited (the app was being used in very restricted areas and
now different zones have been enabled) are showing as pink
squares.

<snip>

You can take a look at the server here:
http://tile.vaivengtc.com/osm/slippymap.html

Best regards,
Álvaro Enríquez de Luna Muñoz - CTO
www.many-worlds.es
e-mail: [hidden email]
Phone: +34 675 933 744 / +34 911 298 111