Use without Attribution

Mike Thompson
Looks like I am no longer a member of the "Talk" mailing list, so I will try here:

https://mapnoco.org/results-intersection-quality

The above site uses OSM as a basemap.

Looks like the tiles come from Mapbox:

I was unable to find any attribution that credits OSM.

1) Did I miss the attribution? Is it somewhere on the page?
2) Does someone have a nicely worded template that uses all of the proper terminology which I could adapt and send to the site owner?

Thanks,

Mike

Re: Use without Attribution

Brian May
I used that MapBox form a couple months ago to notify missing OSM attribution for the WunderMap at wunderground.com, e.g. https://www.wunderground.com/wundermap?lat=27.17&lon=-80.29&radar=1

Just checked and no changes. I'm pretty sure its an OSM basemap due to checking features I have added that aren't on other maps.

Brian

 On 6/9/2017 5:50 PM, Hans De Kryger wrote:

Regards,
Hans

On Fri, Jun 9, 2017 at 2:44 PM, Mike Thompson <[hidden email]> wrote:
Looks like I am no longer a member of the "Talk" mailing list, so I will try here:

https://mapnoco.org/results-intersection-quality

The above site uses OSM as a basemap.

Looks like the tiles come from Mapbox:

I was unable to find any attribution that credits OSM.

1) Did I miss the attribution? Is it somewhere on the page?
2) Does someone have a nicely worded template that uses all of the proper terminology which I could adapt and send to the site owner?

Thanks,

Mike

Re: Use without Attribution

David Kewley
Wunderground was what got me into OSM a year ago -- I noticed an apparent error on the map when viewing Wunderground, so clicked on the link to edit in OSM. The map on their main forecast page was what got me, and it still does acknowledge OSM. https://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?query=new%20york%20city.

As Brian pointed out, their full-page "Wundermap" doesn't acknowledge OSM, but I'm 100% sure it's using OSM based on my own edits.

David

On Mon, Jun 12, 2017 at 7:36 AM, Brian May <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Joe Sapletal

If you close the All Layers window it appears in the lower right, just like on the other implementations on their site.  Is this what you are looking for?

Joe