WCS Client in udig /geotools

fgdrf
Hello udig'ers

At udig home (http://udig.refractions.net/) in the Project Outline section I found that udig would consume WCS. I tried with udig 1.1.1 and also with the 1.2 version to add layers to a map taken from a WCS Server (e.g. geoserver).

But I couldn't find a service within the client to add a raster dataset to my map. Is there any community plugin/feature out there? Does a client exist in udig / geotools? I found an older thread posted in the geotools users list (http://osgeo-org.1803224.n2.nabble.com/WCS-client-in-GeoTools-td2217797.html) in march 2010 where a zip was attached as a sample implementation. Is this solution commited anywhere and probably tested?

Thanks
Frank

Re: WCS Client in udig /geotools

Andrea Antonello
Hi Frank,
I think that this is a glitch in the documentation (your email is
recalling me a dejavoo... did this happen already and we decided to
remove WCS from the website?).

As off now (as far as I know) uDig has no WCS client.I also would be
very interested in having one, but currently there is none.

Regards,
Andrea

On Wed, Oct 20, 2010 at 9:46 AM, Frank Gasdorf
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello udig'ers
>
> At udig home (http://udig.refractions.net/) in the Project Outline section I
> found that udig would consume WCS. I tried with udig 1.1.1 and also with the
> 1.2 version to add layers to a map taken from a WCS Server (e.g. geoserver).
>
> But I couldn't find a service within the client to add a raster dataset to
> my map. Is there any community plugin/feature out there? Does a client exist
> in udig / geotools? I found an older thread posted in the geotools users
> list
> (http://osgeo-org.1803224.n2.nabble.com/WCS-client-in-GeoTools-td2217797.html)
> in march 2010 where a zip was attached as a sample implementation. Is this
> solution commited anywhere and probably tested?
>
> Thanks
> Frank

Re: WCS Client in udig /geotools

fgdrf
That's what I thought, I grabbed a bit in the gt and udig repositories and couldn't find a client implementation. Are there some other folks about there who are interested in a WCS client? If, feel free to post YES!! I would prefer an implementation based on gt, so that udig community could use it.
What does the gt- community think about? (sorry for cross-posting!)
Frank

<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hello udig'ers
>
> At udig home (http://udig.refractions.net/) in the Project Outline section I
> found that udig would consume WCS. I tried with udig 1.1.1 and also with the
> 1.2 version to add layers to a map taken from a WCS Server (e.g. geoserver).
>
> But I couldn't find a service within the client to add a raster dataset to
> my map. Is there any community plugin/feature out there? Does a client exist
> in udig / geotools? I found an older thread posted in the geotools users
> list
> (http://osgeo-org.1803224.n2.nabble.com/WCS-client-in-GeoTools-td2217797.html)
> in march 2010 where a zip was attached as a sample implementation. Is this
> solution commited anywhere and probably tested?
>
> Thanks
> Frank

Re: WCS Client in udig /geotools

Andrea Antonello
YES!!! :)

On Mon, Oct 25, 2010 at 5:46 PM, Frank Gasdorf
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> That's what I thought, I grabbed a bit in the gt and udig repositories and
> couldn't find a client implementation. Are there some other folks about
> there who are interested in a WCS client? If, feel free to post YES!! I
> would prefer an implementation based on gt, so that udig community could use
> it.
> What does the gt- community think about? (sorry for cross-posting!)
> Frank
>
> 2010/10/25 andrea antonello <[hidden email]>
>>
>> Hi Frank,
>> I think that this is a glitch in the documentation (your email is
>> recalling me a dejavoo... did this happen already and we decided to
>> remove WCS from the website?).
>>
>> As off now (as far as I know) uDig has no WCS client.I also would be
>> very interested in having one, but currently there is none.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Andrea
>>

>> On Wed, Oct 20, 2010 at 9:46 AM, Frank Gasdorf
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> > Hello udig'ers
>> >
>> > At udig home (http://udig.refractions.net/) in the Project Outline
>> > section I
>> > found that udig would consume WCS. I tried with udig 1.1.1 and also with
>> > the
>> > 1.2 version to add layers to a map taken from a WCS Server (e.g.
>> > geoserver).
>> >
>> > But I couldn't find a service within the client to add a raster dataset
>> > my map. Is there any community plugin/feature out there? Does a client
>> > exist
>> > in udig / geotools? I found an older thread posted in the geotools users
>> > list
>> >
>> > (http://osgeo-org.1803224.n2.nabble.com/WCS-client-in-GeoTools-td2217797.html)
>> > in march 2010 where a zip was attached as a sample implementation. Is
>> > this
>> > solution commited anywhere and probably tested?
>> >
>> > Thanks
>> > Frank

Re: [Geotools-devel] WCS Client in udig /geotools

Alessio Fabiani
YES!!
:)
Ing. Alessio Fabiani