WMS/WFS call tracing in uDig

Martin Tomko
WMS/WFS call tracing in uDig Dear all
I need to debug my OGC servers calls and uDIG was a natural choice. Years ago when I used uDig 0.xx, it used to be simple to see the calls issued to the WMS/WFS server in the terminal pane.
I have installed the most recent uDig (on Mac and Ubuntu), but I am not able to locate such a pane anymore. It seems like this sort of “debug” information is not available anymore. I have found some older posts from 2008 :
http://www.mail-archive.com/udig-devel@.../msg11270.html

Pointing to this how to page:
http://udig.refractions.net/confluence/display/EN/Tracing+WMS+Calls

I cannot figure out how to enable this on Mac – using the binary download (hints about ubuntu are welcome as well). I am new to Mac (years of XP did not prepare me for this dramatic change), so please, bear with me ;).

Re: WMS/WFS call tracing in uDig

Jody Garnett-2
Good question:

I am going to guess; if you could try the following and let me know if it works.

1. right click on uDig.app and choose "Show Package Contents"
2. Navigate to MacOS folder
3. next the the file udig_internal.ini create the file ".options"

You can either review the application logs located (from the about udig screen); or start the application from the command line with:

udig.app/Contents/MacOS/udig_internal -consoleLog

--
Jody Garnett

On Tuesday, 10 May 2011 at 11:02 AM, Martin Tomko wrote:

[...]

Re: [udig-users] WMS/WFS call tracing in uDig Thank you Jody,
I can confirm this works when started from terminal using: udig.app/Contents/MacOS/udig_internal -consoleLog

I have no idea what you meant by seeing the debug log in the About uDig window – that is just a splash screen, and a way to see the underlying eclipse/udig configuration, from what I can see.