Walkthrough 1 Chapter 14 trouble

Luke Warner
When I go to Help>Find and Install and then select "Search for new features to install," and hit Next>, I do not see the three options the walkthrough 1 tells me I should.  What is the solution to this problem?  Do I need the web address for "uDig 1.1 Discovery Site?

Re: Walkthrough 1 Chapter 14 trouble

Jody Garnett-2
Hi Luke; I have not tried that section myself (for uDig 1.2 they only
just got it working with the latest 1.2-SNAPSHOT).

Can I just confirm what version of uDig you are using?

For uDig 1.2:
- http://udig.refractions.net/files/tutorials/uDigWalkthrough1.pdf
- http://udig.refractions.net/download/unstable/ (Release 1.2-SNAPSHOT)

For uDig 1.1:
- http://udig.refractions.net/docs/uDigWalkthrough1.pdf
- http://udig.refractions.net/download/ (Release 1.1.1)

Jody

On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 2:02 AM, Luke Warner <[hidden email]> wrote:

> When I go to Help>Find and Install and then select "Search for new features
> to install," and hit Next>, I do not see the three options the walkthrough 1
> tells me I should.  What is the solution to this problem?  Do I need the web
> address for "uDig 1.1 Discovery Site?
> Thanks

Re: Walkthrough 1 Chapter 14 trouble

Luke Warner
Jody,

Hi.  I'm using 1.2-RC3

On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 12:35 AM, Jody Garnett <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Luke; I have not tried that section myself (for uDig 1.2 they only
just got it working with the latest 1.2-SNAPSHOT).

Can I just confirm what version of uDig you are using?

For uDig 1.2:
- http://udig.refractions.net/files/tutorials/uDigWalkthrough1.pdf
- http://udig.refractions.net/download/unstable/ (Release 1.2-SNAPSHOT)

For uDig 1.1:
- http://udig.refractions.net/docs/uDigWalkthrough1.pdf
- http://udig.refractions.net/download/ (Release 1.1.1)

Jody

On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 2:02 AM, Luke Warner <[hidden email]> wrote:
> When I go to Help>Find and Install and then select "Search for new features
> to install," and hit Next>, I do not see the three options the walkthrough 1
> tells me I should.  What is the solution to this problem?  Do I need the web
> address for "uDig 1.1 Discovery Site?
> Thanks

J. Luke Warner
[hidden email]