Web Maps API: Dashed borders with tile overlays in Internet Explorer?

Web Maps API: Dashed borders with tile overlays in Internet Explorer?

Jordan Anderson
Hi all,

We have just added fairly extensive tile overlays (using
semi-transparent PNGs) on Ride the City. For example,
http://www.ridethecity.com/nyc. This looks great on every browser
except Internet Explorer. In IE7 and IE8 I get dashed borders on all
the non-transparent overlay lines. Compare the above link in IE vs.
Firefox, Chrome or Safari.

I think I heard before that this is a known issue, but I'm wondering
if anyone has come up with a good workaround?

Thanks,
Jordan

Re: Web Maps API: Dashed borders with tile overlays in Internet Explorer?

Lord-Castillo, Brett
There is a style being applied inline to all your overlays for a filter with alpha(opacity=70) or alpha(opacity=50). This is cause your lines to appear that way. (In other words, your non-transparent overlays are actually transparent.) Not sure how you get around this other than perhaps overriding the style perhaps with:
div.wml-tile img {
 filter: alpha(opacity=100) !important;
}
(this would remove all opacity on overlays though).
--Brett

Brett Lord-Castillo
Information Systems Designer/GIS Programmer
St. Louis County Police
Office of Emergency Management
14847 Ladue Bluffs Crossing Drive
Chesterfield, MO 63017