Web Maps API: openInfoWindow error: TypeError: Result of expression 'this._anchor' [undefined] is not an object

Web Maps API: openInfoWindow error: TypeError: Result of expression 'this._anchor' [undefined] is not an object

Jordan Anderson
Hi there,

I have a bit of functionality that has just stopped worked correctly.
We have created some URLs that open our website with a particular
destination preset. We also open an infowindow anchored to the
destination marker as part of the initialization script.

This recently stopped working. I instead get an error "TypeError:
Result of expression 'this._anchor' [undefined] is not an object."
When I simply bind the infowindow to the marker and subsequently click
it, it works fine. However, if I try to force the bound infowindow to
open in the initialization script e.g. via CM.Event.fire(endMarker,
'click') or endMarker.openInfoWindow(...) it gives me this error.

The infowindows also work fine for all the bike shop markers (they are
only bound on initialization -- not opened initially).

You can see this problem here: http://www.ridethecity.com/coneyisland

Thanks,
Jordan