Quantcast

Web Maps Lite: point overlays?

Jordan Anderson
Hi all,

Is it possible to create vector point overlays as opposed to polyline
or marker overlays? I've experimented with creating a single-point
polyline, but it doesn't seem to be working...

Thanks,
Jordan

Re: Web Maps Lite: point overlays?

Vladimir Agafonkin
Hi Jordan,

Why would you want to put vector points on a map? In almost all cases using markers with similar images is a lot better because of performance considerations.

On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 6:29 PM, Jordan Anderson <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all,

Is it possible to create vector point overlays as opposed to polyline
or marker overlays? I've experimented with creating a single-point
polyline, but it doesn't seem to be working...

Thanks,
Jordan

Vladimir Agafonkin
Front-End Architect, CloudMade
+380 93 745 44 61

Re: Web Maps Lite: point overlays?

Jordan Anderson
Hey Vladimir,

We have a built a simple vector line editor using WML and we'd like to
color the ends of the lines based on which is the startpoint and the
endpoint (it's useful to see that for topology editing) e.g. something
that looks like (R)-------(G) where (R) is a red point and (G) is a
green point. So we only ever have two points on the screen at once
(because we're only editing one line at once).

So far I've accomplished this by creating short perpendicular
polylines at each end e.g. |--------|

Perhaps I'll give markers a try...