Quantcast

Web Maps Studio: Tile overlays in Internet Explorer have dashed outline

Web Maps Studio: Tile overlays in Internet Explorer have dashed outline

Jordan Anderson
Hi all,

Just a quick question. When I use tile overlays (generated via
Mapnik), they look as expected in Firefox, Safari and Chrome. However,
Internet Explorer (I've only tested 8.0) puts a dashed black border
around the image content. It seems like this is maybe an Internet
Explorer transparency problem. Has anyone else noticed this and/or
figured out a solution?

You can see the difference in the red and white New York City boundary
outline if you go here in Internet Explorer and in another browser:
http://ridethecity.com/nyc

Thanks,
Jordan

Re: Web Maps Studio: Tile overlays in Internet Explorer have dashed outline

Vladimir Agafonkin
Jordan,

Yes, as far as I know IE8 implementation of alpha-transparent PNG is somewhat buggy, I guess we'll just have to wait until it gets better after some updates.

On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 6:07 PM, Jordan Anderson <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all,

Just a quick question. When I use tile overlays (generated via
Mapnik), they look as expected in Firefox, Safari and Chrome. However,
Internet Explorer (I've only tested 8.0) puts a dashed black border
around the image content. It seems like this is maybe an Internet
Explorer transparency problem. Has anyone else noticed this and/or
figured out a solution?

You can see the difference in the red and white New York City boundary
outline if you go here in Internet Explorer and in another browser:
http://ridethecity.com/nyc

Thanks,
Jordan

Vladimir Agafonkin
Front-End Architect, CloudMade
+380 93 745 44 61

Re: Web Maps Studio: Tile overlays in Internet Explorer have dashed outline

ellavera125
If we start the app for the first time after it's been downloaded from
the App Store while we only have access to a cellular data network,
the map tiles are always gray even while on wi-fi. This is the
problem.
""EllA VeerA""