WeeklyOSM 296

Jinal Foflia

The weekly round-up of OSM news, issue #296, is now available online in English, giving as always a summary of all things happening in the OpenStreetMap world:

http://www.weeklyosm.eu/archives/7155

Among others:

  • Our thoughts and sympathy are with the families and friends of the victims of the Berlin attack. SotM organizing committee is safe. SotM will happen as planned and are monitoring the situation closely. Safety of attendees is paramount!
  • Interested in making a multilingual map? Look in for more information...
  • Need a location-based assistant, who will help you find places near you? Then 'gisela' is the tool you are looking for...
  • Read about how the cartographers at Mapbox still gets inspired by printed paper maps...
  • Want to know how isochrone maps helps in understanding the similarities and differences in road design and their effects on travel for different cities of the world.

Cheers,

Jinal Foflia

Re: WeeklyOSM 296

Jinal Foflia
Apologies for the typing mistake it is "Brussels attack" and not "Berlin attack".

  • Our thoughts and sympathy are with the families and friends of the victims of the 'Brussels' attack. SotM organizing committee is safe. SotM will happen as planned and are monitoring the situation closely. Safety of attendees is paramount!

Regards,
Jinal Foflia

On Sat, Mar 26, 2016 at 4:49 PM, Jinal Foflia <[hidden email]> wrote:

The weekly round-up of OSM news, issue #296, is now available online in English, giving as always a summary of all things happening in the OpenStreetMap world:

http://www.weeklyosm.eu/archives/7155

Among others:

  • Our thoughts and sympathy are with the families and friends of the victims of the Berlin attack. SotM organizing committee is safe. SotM will happen as planned and are monitoring the situation closely. Safety of attendees is paramount!
  • Interested in making a multilingual map? Look in for more information...
  • Need a location-based assistant, who will help you find places near you? Then 'gisela' is the tool you are looking for...
  • Read about how the cartographers at Mapbox still gets inspired by printed paper maps...
  • Want to know how isochrone maps helps in understanding the similarities and differences in road design and their effects on travel for different cities of the world.

Cheers,

Jinal Foflia

Re: WeeklyOSM 296

> Am 26.03.2016 um 12:19 schrieb Jinal Foflia <[hidden email]>:
>
> Our thoughts and sympathy are with the families and friends of the victims of the Berlin attack.

https://mobile.twitter.com/CanadianGIS/status/687457967604645888/photo/1

;-)