What use is OpenStreetMap?

What use is OpenStreetMap? – I got a phone call from someone who works for a municipality who was passed my phone number.  Basically asking from a municipal government poi...
A detailed map is an essential tool for firefighters, ambulance, and police. And not only of the town itself but also of the countryside espec...
Hi Big use cases for utilities, network operators and urban planning English: https://www.openstreetmap.org/user/InfosReseaux/diary/47030 F...
I've collected these ideas and put them together in the wiki. https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/WikiProject_Canada/Building_Canada_2020/munic...
John — a fairly new resource is the Welcome site, https://welcome.openstreetmap.org/why-openstreetmap/ <https://welcome.openstreetmap.org/why-o...
How well do ArcGIS and OSM talk to each other? I have a client who has opted for ArcGIS because his institution provides it for free. But I've a...
Hi Yosem, OSM is data, ArcGIS is software, so there is no straightforward answer to your question. You can load (and even edit[1], though I do...
I understood John's question very differently. Essentially as "what are the benefits to our municipality of being present in detail on OS...
On 1/3/2019 5:13 PM, Simon Poole wrote: > The slightly longer version is that there are likely economic benefits > of many different kinds ...
Then of course we have the mapping for the blind and disabled which are useful in supporting their citizens or visitors who are partially sighted...
Also to note that despite city believing their data is 100% correct, it never seems to be the case thus requiring data manipulation/corrections. ...
John, might be worth pointing them to https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/OpenStreetMap_for_Government, which collects some more advanced use ca...
community data hacking like the maps from bike ottawa(maps.bikeottawa.ca) On Thu., Jan. 3, 2019, 4:10 p.m. John Whelan <jwhelan0112@... wrot...