What would make MapRoulette better?

Martijn van Exel-3
Hi all,

For those who have used MapRoulette or at least have a good understanding of what it does: what would be the *one top thing* for you that would make it better?

I am asking because I am working on a new major release.
--
Martijn van Exel

Re: What would make MapRoulette better?

Ilya Zverev-2
Martijn van Exel wrote
> For those who have used MapRoulette or at least have a good understanding of what it does: what would be the *one top thing* for you that would make it better?

Built-in iD editor, to avoid switching contexts.

Ilya

Re: What would make MapRoulette better?

Martijn van Exel-3
Hi Erwin,

Can you give an example of what you would like to see and how you would like it to work?

--
Martijn van Exel

On November 20, 2017 at 6:30:01 AM, Erwin Olario ([hidden email]) wrote:

I wish to see support for OSM tags for tasks.

On Mon, Nov 20, 2017 at 5:02 AM Martijn van Exel <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all,

For those who have used MapRoulette or at least have a good understanding of what it does: what would be the *one top thing* for you that would make it better?

I am asking because I am working on a new major release.
--
Martijn van Exel

Re: What would make MapRoulette better?

Marc Gemis
The possibility to work more locally. E.g. there is a project to add
missing roads in Belgium, I would really like to see only the "issues"
within let say 20km of my house (an arbitrary point I can set).

m.

On Sun, Nov 19, 2017 at 9:59 PM, Martijn van Exel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> For those who have used MapRoulette or at least have a good understanding of
> what it does: what would be the *one top thing* for you that would make it
> better?
>
> I am asking because I am working on a new major release.
> --
> Martijn van Exel

Re: What would make MapRoulette better?

joost
Marc, as task managers for this Belgian task, Ben and I could just as well split the Challenge up into smaller bits, e.g. by town/village. For more labour-intensive Challenges, we will probably do that.

I do agree that it would be nice to do such a thing. I wrote this Github issue with a single Challenge in mind:

It might be interesting to also do something similar, but where you can see -all- maproulette Tasks (regardless of the Challenge) in your local area.

The possibility to work more locally. E.g. there is a project to add
missing roads in Belgium, I would really like to see only the "issues"
within let say 20km of my house (an arbitrary point I can set).

m.

On Sun, Nov 19, 2017 at 9:59 PM, Martijn van Exel <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> For those who have used MapRoulette or at least have a good understanding of
> what it does: what would be the *one top thing* for you that would make it
> better?
>
> I am asking because I am working on a new major release.
> --
> Martijn van Exel

Joost Schouppe

Re: What would make MapRoulette better?

Martijn van Exel-3
Marc,

Good point and something that has come up often.
As Joost mentioned in a reply, the easy solution for this is, as a challenge owner, to split up the challenge into regional chunks and label them as such.

The new version will have ‘filter by current map bounds’. I’m not quite sure how to best do this yet. One solution would be to filter by challenge ‘centroids’ (simple), another would be to consider whatever challenge has at least one task within the current map bounds (harder). What would be your idea about this? Others with an opinion?
--
Martijn van Exel

On November 20, 2017 at 9:58:40 AM, Marc Gemis ([hidden email]) wrote:

> The possibility to work more locally. E.g. there is a project to add
> missing roads in Belgium, I would really like to see only the "issues"
> within let say 20km of my house (an arbitrary point I can set).
>
> m.
>
> On Sun, Nov 19, 2017 at 9:59 PM, Martijn van Exel wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > For those who have used MapRoulette or at least have a good understanding of
> > what it does: what would be the *one top thing* for you that would make it
> > better?
> >
> > I am asking because I am working on a new major release.
> > --
> > Martijn van Exel

Re: What would make MapRoulette better?

pierzen
Hi Martijn

We see an increase of coordinatead actions via QA and TM tools. But this is not systematically documented on the Changeset metadata. For QA tools, sometimes we see in the comments reference to MapRoulette or other tools.

It is possible for these tools to transfer infos to editors such as iD and JOSM. It would be good that tags are transferred to the editors to better document the coordinated actions.
For TM tools, it could be host and project_no / Title. For QA, it could be host and project.

For Maroulette this could be
QA=Maproulete
Project=XXX where XXX corresponds to a particular challenge.

Pierre

Le lundi 20 novembre 2017 15:50:21 HNE, Martijn van Exel <[hidden email]> a écrit :

Marc,

Good point and something that has come up often.
As Joost mentioned in a reply, the easy solution for this is, as a challenge owner, to split up the challenge into regional chunks and label them as such.

The new version will have ‘filter by current map bounds’. I’m not quite sure how to best do this yet. One solution would be to filter by challenge ‘centroids’ (simple), another would be to consider whatever challenge has at least one task within the current map bounds (harder). What would be your idea about this? Others with an opinion?
--
Martijn van Exel

On November 20, 2017 at 9:58:40 AM, Marc Gemis ([hidden email]) wrote:

> The possibility to work more locally. E.g. there is a project to add
> missing roads in Belgium, I would really like to see only the "issues"
> within let say 20km of my house (an arbitrary point I can set).

> m.

> On Sun, Nov 19, 2017 at 9:59 PM, Martijn van Exel wrote:

> > Hi all,
> >
> > For those who have used MapRoulette or at least have a good understanding of
> > what it does: what would be the *one top thing* for you that would make it
> > better?
> >
> > I am asking because I am working on a new major release.
> > --
> > Martijn van Exel

Re: What would make MapRoulette better?

Yuri Astrakhan-2
Martijn, I think this is very similar to what Osmose does in its DB view (and I think several other tools do in the map view) - they offer a choice of a "world view" (unfiltered) or a "region views" - where users may choose what region they are interested in (e.g. a dropdown).

I think it would be better for MR to offer users an automatic preset region filtering, rather than requiring each challenger author to create regional sub-challenges.

On Mon, Nov 20, 2017 at 3:48 PM, Martijn van Exel <[hidden email]> wrote:
Marc,

Good point and something that has come up often.
As Joost mentioned in a reply, the easy solution for this is, as a challenge owner, to split up the challenge into regional chunks and label them as such.

The new version will have ‘filter by current map bounds’. I’m not quite sure how to best do this yet. One solution would be to filter by challenge ‘centroids’ (simple), another would be to consider whatever challenge has at least one task within the current map bounds (harder). What would be your idea about this? Others with an opinion?
--
Martijn van Exel

On November 20, 2017 at 9:58:40 AM, Marc Gemis ([hidden email]) wrote:
> The possibility to work more locally. E.g. there is a project to add
> missing roads in Belgium, I would really like to see only the "issues"
> within let say 20km of my house (an arbitrary point I can set).
>
> m.
>
> On Sun, Nov 19, 2017 at 9:59 PM, Martijn van Exel wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > For those who have used MapRoulette or at least have a good understanding of
> > what it does: what would be the *one top thing* for you that would make it
> > better?
> >
> > I am asking because I am working on a new major release.
> > --
> > Martijn van Exel

Re: What would make MapRoulette better?

Martijn van Exel-3
Hi Pierre,

That is a good idea and there are already some ‘hashtags’ that MapRoulette sends to JOSM. I don’t know if this is possible in iD as well. I think it is something that could be improved upon. Perhaps with changeset tags (is that what you are suggesting?)

Does anyone know if JOSM and / or iD support ‘sending’ changeset tags through remote control / the querystring?

Martijn

--
Martijn van Exel

On November 20, 2017 at 2:00:36 PM, Pierre Béland ([hidden email]) wrote:

> Hi Martijn
> We see an increase of coordinatead actions via QA and TM tools. But this is not systematically
> documented on the Changeset metadata. For QA tools, sometimes we see in the comments
> reference to MapRoulette or other tools.
> It is possible for these tools to transfer infos to editors such as iD and JOSM. It would
> be good that tags are transferred to the editors to better document the coordinated actions.
> For TM tools, it could be host and project_no / Title. For QA, it could be host and project.
> For Maroulette this could beQA=MaprouleteProject=XXX where XXX corresponds to a particular
> challenge.
>
> Pierre
>

> Le lundi 20 novembre 2017 15:50:21 HNE, Martijn van Exel a écrit :
>
> Marc,
>
> Good point and something that has come up often.
> As Joost mentioned in a reply, the easy solution for this is, as a challenge owner, to split
> up the challenge into regional chunks and label them as such.
>
> The new version will have ‘filter by current map bounds’. I’m not quite sure how to best
> do this yet. One solution would be to filter by challenge ‘centroids’ (simple), another
> would be to consider whatever challenge has at least one task within the current map bounds
> (harder). What would be your idea about this? Others with an opinion?
> --
> Martijn van Exel
>
> On November 20, 2017 at 9:58:40 AM, Marc Gemis ([hidden email]) wrote:
> > The possibility to work more locally. E.g. there is a project to add
> > missing roads in Belgium, I would really like to see only the "issues"
> > within let say 20km of my house (an arbitrary point I can set).
> >
> > m.
> >
> > On Sun, Nov 19, 2017 at 9:59 PM, Martijn van Exel wrote:
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > For those who have used MapRoulette or at least have a good understanding of
> > > what it does: what would be the *one top thing* for you that would make it
> > > better?
> > >
> > > I am asking because I am working on a new major release.
> > > --
> > > Martijn van Exel

Re: What would make MapRoulette better?

pierzen
Martin,

Yes I suggest to add tags to the changeset metadata. On the HOT discussion list and the Github Tasking Manager project, you should find discussions about this. Yes, it is possible to send these tags with the remote control.

Pierre

Le lundi 20 novembre 2017 16:45:02 HNE, Martijn van Exel <[hidden email]> a écrit :

Hi Pierre,

That is a good idea and there are already some ‘hashtags’ that MapRoulette sends to JOSM. I don’t know if this is possible in iD as well. I think it is something that could be improved upon. Perhaps with changeset tags (is that what you are suggesting?)

Does anyone know if JOSM and / or iD support ‘sending’ changeset tags through remote control / the querystring?

Martijn

--
Martijn van Exel

On November 20, 2017 at 2:00:36 PM, Pierre Béland ([hidden email]) wrote:

> Hi Martijn
> We see an increase of coordinatead actions via QA and TM tools. But this is not systematically
> documented on the Changeset metadata. For QA tools, sometimes we see in the comments
> reference to MapRoulette or other tools.
> It is possible for these tools to transfer infos to editors such as iD and JOSM. It would
> be good that tags are transferred to the editors to better document the coordinated actions.
> For TM tools, it could be host and project_no / Title. For QA, it could be host and project.
> For Maroulette this could beQA=MaprouleteProject=XXX where XXX corresponds to a particular
> challenge.

> Pierre

> Le lundi 20 novembre 2017 15:50:21 HNE, Martijn van Exel a écrit :

> Marc,

> Good point and something that has come up often.
> As Joost mentioned in a reply, the easy solution for this is, as a challenge owner, to split
> up the challenge into regional chunks and label them as such.

> The new version will have ‘filter by current map bounds’. I’m not quite sure how to best
> do this yet. One solution would be to filter by challenge ‘centroids’ (simple), another
> would be to consider whatever challenge has at least one task within the current map bounds
> (harder). What would be your idea about this? Others with an opinion?
> --
> Martijn van Exel

> On November 20, 2017 at 9:58:40 AM, Marc Gemis ([hidden email]) wrote:
> > The possibility to work more locally. E.g. there is a project to add
> > missing roads in Belgium, I would really like to see only the "issues"
> > within let say 20km of my house (an arbitrary point I can set).
> >
> > m.
> >
> > On Sun, Nov 19, 2017 at 9:59 PM, Martijn van Exel wrote:
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > For those who have used MapRoulette or at least have a good understanding of
> > > what it does: what would be the *one top thing* for you that would make it
> > > better?
> > >
> > > I am asking because I am working on a new major release.
> > > --
> > > Martijn van Exel

Re: What would make MapRoulette better?

Martijn van Exel-3
Sorry, something went wrong with my previous email, I think. I’ll try and phrase again.

It is a good idea, Pierre, to have various tools use a consistent set of tags on changesets. I think that is what you are suggesting? MapRoulette already does send some ‘hashtags’ to JOSM.

Who knows if JOSM and iD support sending changeset tags through remote control and query string respectively?

--
Martijn van Exel

On November 20, 2017 at 2:00:36 PM, Pierre Béland ([hidden email]) wrote:

> Hi Martijn
> We see an increase of coordinatead actions via QA and TM tools. But this is not systematically
> documented on the Changeset metadata. For QA tools, sometimes we see in the comments
> reference to MapRoulette or other tools.
> It is possible for these tools to transfer infos to editors such as iD and JOSM. It would
> be good that tags are transferred to the editors to better document the coordinated actions.
> For TM tools, it could be host and project_no / Title. For QA, it could be host and project.
> For Maroulette this could beQA=MaprouleteProject=XXX where XXX corresponds to a particular
> challenge.
>
> Pierre
>

> Le lundi 20 novembre 2017 15:50:21 HNE, Martijn van Exel a écrit :
>
> Marc,
>
> Good point and something that has come up often.
> As Joost mentioned in a reply, the easy solution for this is, as a challenge owner, to split
> up the challenge into regional chunks and label them as such.
>
> The new version will have ‘filter by current map bounds’. I’m not quite sure how to best
> do this yet. One solution would be to filter by challenge ‘centroids’ (simple), another
> would be to consider whatever challenge has at least one task within the current map bounds
> (harder). What would be your idea about this? Others with an opinion?
> --
> Martijn van Exel
>
> On November 20, 2017 at 9:58:40 AM, Marc Gemis ([hidden email]) wrote:
> > The possibility to work more locally. E.g. there is a project to add
> > missing roads in Belgium, I would really like to see only the "issues"
> > within let say 20km of my house (an arbitrary point I can set).
> >
> > m.
> >
> > On Sun, Nov 19, 2017 at 9:59 PM, Martijn van Exel wrote:
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > For those who have used MapRoulette or at least have a good understanding of
> > > what it does: what would be the *one top thing* for you that would make it
> > > better?
> > >
> > > I am asking because I am working on a new major release.
> > > --
> > > Martijn van Exel

Re: What would make MapRoulette better?

Bryan Housel
Hey Martijn, it’s currently possible to send comments and hashtags to iD (they can be sent as two different parameters, or just embed the hashtags in the comments like the task managers currently do).  It’s not possible to set other changeset tags, but it is something I could add if there is a good use case for it.

Thanks, Bryan

> On Nov 20, 2017, at 4:44 PM, Martijn van Exel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Pierre,
>
> That is a good idea and there are already some ‘hashtags’ that MapRoulette sends to JOSM. I don’t know if this is possible in iD as well. I think it is something that could be improved upon. Perhaps with changeset tags (is that what you are suggesting?)
>
> Does anyone know if JOSM and / or iD support ‘sending’ changeset tags through remote control / the querystring?
>
> Martijn
>
> --
> Martijn van Exel
>
> On November 20, 2017 at 2:00:36 PM, Pierre Béland ([hidden email]) wrote:
>> Hi Martijn
>> We see an increase of coordinatead actions via QA and TM tools. But this is not systematically
>> documented on the Changeset metadata. For QA tools, sometimes we see in the comments
>> reference to MapRoulette or other tools.
>> It is possible for these tools to transfer infos to editors such as iD and JOSM. It would
>> be good that tags are transferred to the editors to better document the coordinated actions.
>> For TM tools, it could be host and project_no / Title. For QA, it could be host and project.
>> For Maroulette this could beQA=MaprouleteProject=XXX where XXX corresponds to a particular
>> challenge.
>>
>> Pierre
>>

>> Le lundi 20 novembre 2017 15:50:21 HNE, Martijn van Exel a écrit :
>>
>> Marc,
>>
>> Good point and something that has come up often.
>> As Joost mentioned in a reply, the easy solution for this is, as a challenge owner, to split
>> up the challenge into regional chunks and label them as such.
>>
>> The new version will have ‘filter by current map bounds’. I’m not quite sure how to best
>> do this yet. One solution would be to filter by challenge ‘centroids’ (simple), another
>> would be to consider whatever challenge has at least one task within the current map bounds
>> (harder). What would be your idea about this? Others with an opinion?
>> --
>> Martijn van Exel
>>
>> On November 20, 2017 at 9:58:40 AM, Marc Gemis ([hidden email]) wrote:
>>> The possibility to work more locally. E.g. there is a project to add
>>> missing roads in Belgium, I would really like to see only the "issues"
>>> within let say 20km of my house (an arbitrary point I can set).
>>>
>>> m.

Re: What would make MapRoulette better?

pierzen
For JOSM

See this JOSM ticket that address transfer of HOT TM tags https://josm.openstreetmap.de/ticket/10758
and this HOT TM ticket https://github.com/hotosm/osm-tasking-manager2/issues/703

Pierre

Le lundi 20 novembre 2017 16:49:39 HNE, Bryan Housel <[hidden email]> a écrit :

Hey Martijn, it’s currently possible to send comments and hashtags to iD (they can be sent as two different parameters, or just embed the hashtags in the comments like the task managers currently do).  It’s not possible to set other changeset tags, but it is something I could add if there is a good use case for it.

Thanks, Bryan

> On Nov 20, 2017, at 4:44 PM, Martijn van Exel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Pierre,
>
> That is a good idea and there are already some ‘hashtags’ that MapRoulette sends to JOSM. I don’t know if this is possible in iD as well. I think it is something that could be improved upon. Perhaps with changeset tags (is that what you are suggesting?)
>
> Does anyone know if JOSM and / or iD support ‘sending’ changeset tags through remote control / the querystring?
>
> Martijn
>
> --
> Martijn van Exel
>
> On November 20, 2017 at 2:00:36 PM, Pierre Béland ([hidden email]) wrote:
>> Hi Martijn
>> We see an increase of coordinatead actions via QA and TM tools. But this is not systematically
>> documented on the Changeset metadata. For QA tools, sometimes we see in the comments
>> reference to MapRoulette or other tools.
>> It is possible for these tools to transfer infos to editors such as iD and JOSM. It would
>> be good that tags are transferred to the editors to better document the coordinated actions.
>> For TM tools, it could be host and project_no / Title. For QA, it could be host and project.
>> For Maroulette this could beQA=MaprouleteProject=XXX where XXX corresponds to a particular
>> challenge.
>>
>> Pierre
>>

>> Le lundi 20 novembre 2017 15:50:21 HNE, Martijn van Exel a écrit :
>>
>> Marc,
>>
>> Good point and something that has come up often.
>> As Joost mentioned in a reply, the easy solution for this is, as a challenge owner, to split
>> up the challenge into regional chunks and label them as such.
>>
>> The new version will have ‘filter by current map bounds’. I’m not quite sure how to best
>> do this yet. One solution would be to filter by challenge ‘centroids’ (simple), another
>> would be to consider whatever challenge has at least one task within the current map bounds
>> (harder). What would be your idea about this? Others with an opinion?
>> --
>> Martijn van Exel
>>
>> On November 20, 2017 at 9:58:40 AM, Marc Gemis ([hidden email]) wrote:
>>> The possibility to work more locally. E.g. there is a project to add
>>> missing roads in Belgium, I would really like to see only the "issues"
>>> within let say 20km of my house (an arbitrary point I can set).
>>>
>>> m.

Re: What would make MapRoulette better?

Erwin Olario
So sorry for the terse reply.

Right now, the only way to build task is to specify the location or specific objects.

The use-case I have in mind is when a data provider allows or donates their data into OSM, and apart from geographic location and geometry, they have specific attributes usable in OSM.

For example, a local school department gives the local OSM community permission to use their school location data that includes the official school name (which may be missing or incomplete in the current database), and contact number, and official website. And instead of doing a bulkl import, and using MR, the data are presented to the MR contributor to be merged or added into OSM.

In this example the tags: name, contact:phone, contact:website are added to the specific tasks of the challenge.

/Erwin

On Tue, Nov 21, 2017 at 12:36 AM Martijn van Exel <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Erwin,

Can you give an example of what you would like to see and how you would like it to work?

--
Martijn van Exel

On November 20, 2017 at 6:30:01 AM, Erwin Olario ([hidden email]) wrote:

I wish to see support for OSM tags for tasks.

On Mon, Nov 20, 2017 at 5:02 AM Martijn van Exel <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all,

For those who have used MapRoulette or at least have a good understanding of what it does: what would be the *one top thing* for you that would make it better?

I am asking because I am working on a new major release.
--
Martijn van Exel

Re: What would make MapRoulette better?

Marc Gemis
Martijn,

I'll agree with Yuri that is has to be the choice of the mapper to
work in a specific region and not the challenge creator. I don't want
to ask each challenge creator to split up the challenge in smaller
chunks, just because I feel uncomfortable editing outside a certain
area. This area can also be different from challenge to challenge and
from mapper to mapper.

You already have a view where you show the individual tasks within a
challenge. One can pick a task from this view right now, but after
marking the task as completed, a completely random one is chosen
again.

For me, it would be sufficient to have a button/switch on the screen
with all individual tasks that switches to "only tasks from the
current bounding box". Would that be feasible ?

m.

On Mon, Nov 20, 2017 at 9:48 PM, Martijn van Exel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Marc,
>
> Good point and something that has come up often.
> As Joost mentioned in a reply, the easy solution for this is, as a challenge owner, to split up the challenge into regional chunks and label them as such.
>
> The new version will have ‘filter by current map bounds’. I’m not quite sure how to best do this yet. One solution would be to filter by challenge ‘centroids’ (simple), another would be to consider whatever challenge has at least one task within the current map bounds (harder). What would be your idea about this? Others with an opinion?
> --
> Martijn van Exel
>
> On November 20, 2017 at 9:58:40 AM, Marc Gemis ([hidden email]) wrote:
>> The possibility to work more locally. E.g. there is a project to add
>> missing roads in Belgium, I would really like to see only the "issues"
>> within let say 20km of my house (an arbitrary point I can set).
>>
>> m.
>>
>> On Sun, Nov 19, 2017 at 9:59 PM, Martijn van Exel wrote:
>> > Hi all,
>> >
>> > For those who have used MapRoulette or at least have a good understanding of
>> > what it does: what would be the *one top thing* for you that would make it
>> > better?
>> >
>> > I am asking because I am working on a new major release.
>> > --
>> > Martijn van Exel

Re: What would make MapRoulette better?

joost
Martijn,
Maproulette does give hashtags to ID changesets using the changeset comment right now. There are tools like osmcha or Pascal Neis's osm-changesets to easily filter them. A dedicated tag might of course help find "anything that started with a QA tool", which is then filter-able by tool and/or Challenge.

Hey Martijn, it’s currently possible to send comments and hashtags to iD (they can be sent as two different parameters, or just embed the hashtags in the comments like the task managers currently do).  It’s not possible to set other changeset tags, but it is something I could add if there is a good use case for it.

Thanks, Bryan

> On Nov 20, 2017, at 4:44 PM, Martijn van Exel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Pierre,
>
> That is a good idea and there are already some ‘hashtags’ that MapRoulette sends to JOSM. I don’t know if this is possible in iD as well. I think it is something that could be improved upon. Perhaps with changeset tags (is that what you are suggesting?)
>
> Does anyone know if JOSM and / or iD support ‘sending’ changeset tags through remote control / the querystring?
>
> Martijn
>
> --
> Martijn van Exel
>
> On November 20, 2017 at 2:00:36 PM, Pierre Béland ([hidden email]) wrote:
>> Hi Martijn
>> We see an increase of coordinatead actions via QA and TM tools. But this is not systematically
>> documented on the Changeset metadata. For QA tools, sometimes we see in the comments
>> reference to MapRoulette or other tools.
>> It is possible for these tools to transfer infos to editors such as iD and JOSM. It would
>> be good that tags are transferred to the editors to better document the coordinated actions.
>> For TM tools, it could be host and project_no / Title. For QA, it could be host and project.
>> For Maroulette this could beQA=MaprouleteProject=XXX where XXX corresponds to a particular
>> challenge.
>>
>> Pierre
>>

>> Le lundi 20 novembre 2017 15:50:21 HNE, Martijn van Exel a écrit :
>>
>> Marc,
>>
>> Good point and something that has come up often.
>> As Joost mentioned in a reply, the easy solution for this is, as a challenge owner, to split
>> up the challenge into regional chunks and label them as such.
>>
>> The new version will have ‘filter by current map bounds’. I’m not quite sure how to best
>> do this yet. One solution would be to filter by challenge ‘centroids’ (simple), another
>> would be to consider whatever challenge has at least one task within the current map bounds
>> (harder). What would be your idea about this? Others with an opinion?
>> --
>> Martijn van Exel
>>
>> On November 20, 2017 at 9:58:40 AM, Marc Gemis ([hidden email]) wrote:
>>> The possibility to work more locally. E.g. there is a project to add
>>> missing roads in Belgium, I would really like to see only the "issues"
>>> within let say 20km of my house (an arbitrary point I can set).
>>>
>>> m.

Joost Schouppe

Re: What would make MapRoulette better?

lsces
On 21/11/17 04:02, Marc Gemis wrote:
> I'll agree with Yuri that is has to be the choice of the mapper to
> work in a specific region and not the challenge creator.

I stopped using MapRoulette simply because it was taking me well out of
my comfort zone ...

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL

Re: What would make MapRoulette better?

Martijn van Exel-3
Erwin,

Are you suggesting MapRoulette have some sort of manual ‘merge’ function? Suggesting changes to tags (or even geometry) that the user would just confirm, instead of going to JOSM / iD and make edits manually?

Martijn