Where did we get suburb boundary lines in NSW?

Where did we get suburb boundary lines in NSW?

Dion Moult
Good morning all,

In OSM in NSW there are administrative boundary lines which are marked as suburb boundaries and have names. I assume a long time ago these were imported from a government dataset, as tracing the LPI basemap would be very tedious.

Where can I find the primary source (i.e. government dataset) for this data? I'd like to compile a list of suburbs and bounding boxes to help add some structure to the address import project.

Dion Moult

Re: Where did we get suburb boundary lines in NSW?

Andrew Davidson-3

On Tue, 21 Aug 2018 08:35 Dion Moult, <[hidden email]> wrote:
Good morning all,

In OSM in NSW there are administrative boundary lines which are marked as suburb boundaries and have names. I assume a long time ago these were imported from a government dataset, as tracing the LPI basemap would be very tedious.

Where can I find the primary source (i.e. government dataset) for this data? I'd like to compile a list of suburbs and bounding boxes to help add some structure to the address import project.

Talk-au mailing list