Wiki link to Mailing lists and IRC on Get Help Page

Wiki link to Mailing lists and IRC on Get Help Page

Clifford Snow
Mailing Lists were removed from the Get Help page of the wiki. The article still exists but is not longer referenced in the Get Help page. Instead mailing lists are referenced in Contact Channels along with IRC. I'd like to propose we add them back to the Get Help page. I suggest that when people are looking for help that we limit the number of pages they need to search to a minimum.

I'm not proposing to modify Contact Channels.

Clifford

--
@osm_seattle
OpenStreetMap: Maps with a human touch

Re: Wiki link to Mailing lists and IRC on Get Help Page

SimonPoole
While not totally on topic, I would like to point out that the Help tab
on openstreetmap.org contains direct links to the mailing lists, forums
etc. (since a couple of weeks) making having them far up in the
hierarchy on the wiki less of an issue.

Simon

On Mon, May 25, 2015 at 9:22 AM, Simon Poole <[hidden email]> wrote:
While not totally on topic, I would like to point out that the Help tab
on openstreetmap.org contains direct links to the mailing lists, forums
etc. (since a couple of weeks) making having them far up in the
hierarchy on the wiki less of an issue.

Actually it is on topic. As a usability issue, finding help resources should be fast and easy. Listing the IRC and mailing lists right from the Help tab is about as fast and easy as it gets.