Wikifiddling, surface=cobblestone vs. sett & paving_stones

Wikifiddling, surface=cobblestone vs. sett & paving_stones – After questions on talk-it this wiki action was identified: http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/w/index.php?title=Template%3AMap_Features%3Asurface&...
On 20/02/2012 12:45, Martin Koppenhoefer wrote: > Is it consensus to use "sett" instead of "cobblestones" for most of >...
Jonathan Bennett wrote: > In summary: I believe the three classes to be separate and > non-overlapping. So I disagree with the wiki edit...
Probably better to introduce a new value to mean yes-they-really-are-cobbles. Perhaps "cobbles" (as opposed to cobblestone) On Mon, ...
Am 20. Februar 2012 15:11 schrieb Richard Mann <richard.mann.westoxford@...>: > Probably better to introduce a new value to mean > ...
I'm pushing this one up because we have taken no action so far. Can we agree how we want to deal with this? here is the full thread: http://g...
Clearly the change that was made was disruptive and changes the meaning of the 80,000 or so surface=cobblestone tags already in existence. I hav...
Am 12. April 2012 00:31 schrieb Steve Bennett <stevagewp@...>: > Clearly the change that was made was disruptive and changes the > m...
On Sat, Apr 14, 2012 at 5:28 AM, Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist@...> wrote: > not so sure about this. Currently there is really a lo...
Am 14. April 2012 03:10 schrieb Steve Bennett <stevagewp@...>: > Possible values: > surface=historic_cobblestone > surface=prese...
On Sun, Apr 15, 2012 at 7:12 PM, Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist@...> wrote: >> surface=rounded_cobblestone > > > I'd ...
Re: Wikifiddling, surface=cobblestone vs. sett & paving_stones – Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist@...> wrote: > Am 14. April 2012 03:10 schrieb Steve Bennett <stevagewp@...>: > > Possib...
Steve Bennett wrote: > So, whoever really wants to introduce this distinction is going to > have to find another way, perhaps "surfac...
The problem is that setts are often referred to as cobbles, in common parlance. If someone tags something as cobbles, I'd probably reckon they w...
Hi, Hi,On 02/20/2012 01:45 PM, Martin Koppenhoefer wrote: > I don't recall any discussion on this topic. Until now I thought it > was c...