Wikimedia Community Wishlist 2019

sabas88
Dear all,
WMF has started the call for proposals for next year implementations.

Since the OSM community had some 'feature requests' for wiki* projects (example: the Map internationalization without using directly OSM), I suggest to contribute to these requests now (end of the call November 11th).

Thanks,
Stefano

Il giorno mar 30 ott 2018 alle ore 18:59 Yuri Astrakhan <[hidden email]> ha scritto:
Stefano, thanks!  One important aspect - it seems a single generic request with guidance gets done much better than multiple smaller items. I highly recommend uniting behind the general "improve maps" request to get WMF to commit to maps full time, rather than "throwing us a bone" (creating a small task-oriented team with a limited time duration).  The current proposal that is already gaining a lot of discussion momentum is at

Since there's a risk of dropping for that proposal (because WMF wouldn't want to do a specific fundraising to have a proper team?), I collected the two main issues in this proposal

There are a couple more which could be supported to have more OSM appear in wikis.

Stefano

On Tue, Oct 30, 2018 at 11:25 AM Stefano <[hidden email]> wrote:
Dear all,
WMF has started the call for proposals for next year implementations.

Since the OSM community had some 'feature requests' for wiki* projects (example: the Map internationalization without using directly OSM), I suggest to contribute to these requests now (end of the call November 11th).

Thanks,
Stefano

Re: Wikimedia Community Wishlist 2019

Naveen Francis
Hello Stefano,

Can you remove T156682 and add T158919 ?
Enable auto-positioned snapshot on Kartographer side

The above proposal has been redrafted to have only two important tasks.
Main wishes are migration to vector tile structure and fix the international borders.

We can campaign for two proposal with five tasks ? What you say ?

--
naveenpf