Zooming past native resolution

Richard Nairn
Hi,

I'm just starting out and I had a question related to imagery. I am
trying to do some digitizing of house footprints for HOT-OSM. I'm having
issues when the houses are very close together, or I'm trying to
digitize smaller features. When I try to zoom in beyond native
resolution to move, or prevent snapping I get that the imagery is no
longer available. Is there a way to prevent it from doing that? I want
to still see the imagery even though it may be coarse just to do some
detail work...

Re: Zooming past native resolution

Richard Nairn
Sorry - Using JOSM - dev build

On 2017-10-16 11:09 AM, Richard Nairn wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm just starting out and I had a question related to imagery. I am
> trying to do some digitizing of house footprints for HOT-OSM. I'm
> having issues when the houses are very close together, or I'm trying
> to digitize smaller features. When I try to zoom in beyond native
> resolution to move, or prevent snapping I get that the imagery is no
> longer available. Is there a way to prevent it from doing that? I want
> to still see the imagery even though it may be coarse just to do some
> detail work...
>
> Thanks

Re: Zooming past native resolution

Nelson A. de Oliveira
Sorry for the duplicated message, Richard. The first one didn't have talk on CC.

On Mon, Oct 16, 2017 at 3:09 PM, Richard Nairn
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> I'm just starting out and I had a question related to imagery. I am trying
> to do some digitizing of house footprints for HOT-OSM. I'm having issues
> when the houses are very close together, or I'm trying to digitize smaller
> features. When I try to zoom in beyond native resolution to move, or prevent
> snapping I get that the imagery is no longer available. Is there a way to
> prevent it from doing that? I want to still see the imagery even though it
> may be coarse just to do some detail work...

Which layer are you using? (and the location, if possible)

The layer can be updated in https://josm.openstreetmap.de/wiki/Maps to
use no-tile-header and/or no-tile-checksum
See https://josm.openstreetmap.de/wiki/Maps#Generalproperties (or open
a ticket, if you possible too)

And as a workaround you can zoom to the maximum level where you see
the tiles, click with the right mouse button and disable "Auto zoom"

Re: Zooming past native resolution

Richard Nairn
Thanks - disabling auto zoom worked.

I'm working on the Puerto Rico project - they are using ESRI World
imagery as a base.