account disabled due to bounces

Jez Nicholson
I get the occasional email from Talk-GB telling me that my email address has excessive bounces. I'm using gmail. Am I the only one with problems? Is there something I need to change?

Regards,
             Jez

Re: account disabled due to bounces

Warin
On 14/01/19 20:09, Jez Nicholson wrote:
> I get the occasional email from Talk-GB telling me that my email
> address has excessive bounces. I'm using gmail. Am I the only one with
> problems? Is there something I need to change?

I get the same.

I enquired once and was told it was something to do with google and that
I should not worry about it.

Re: account disabled due to bounces

Dan S
It happened to me too today, FWIW.

Best
Dan

me

Re: account disabled due to bounces

me
Yup same here. Although I had assumed that it was because I forward my mail to gmail.

Cheers
Chris

On Mon, 14 Jan 2019 at 09:16 Dan S <[hidden email]> wrote:
It happened to me too today, FWIW.

Best
Dan

Op ma 14 jan. 2019 om 09:10 schreef Jez Nicholson <[hidden email]>:

> I get the occasional email from Talk-GB telling me that my email address has excessive bounces. I'm using gmail. Am I the only one with problems? Is there something I need to change?
>
> Regards,
>              Jez

Re: account disabled due to bounces

TonyS

Me Too.  On Sunday night. I assume its Gmail.

Looking on internet its the GMail server 'bouncing'  traffic, this is almost certainly a GMail setting which causes the bounce which causes the OSM mail program to disconnect 'bounced' e-mail addresses.

Cheers

Tony

On 14/01/2019 09:50, Chris Fleming wrote:
Yup same here. Although I had assumed that it was because I forward my mail to gmail.

Cheers
Chris

On Mon, 14 Jan 2019 at 09:16 Dan S <[hidden email]> wrote:
It happened to me too today, FWIW.

Best
Dan

Op ma 14 jan. 2019 om 09:10 schreef Jez Nicholson <[hidden email]>:

> I get the occasional email from Talk-GB telling me that my email address has excessive bounces. I'm using gmail. Am I the only one with problems? Is there something I need to change?
>
> Regards,
>              Jez

Re: account disabled due to bounces

Tom Hughes-3
Not really, it's gmail obeying the insane instructions (via DMARC etc)
of other ISPs like Yahoo.

See the five hundred previous times when I have explained it in detail.

Tom

On 14/01/2019 10:03, Tony Shield wrote:

> Me Too.  On Sunday night. I assume its Gmail.
>
> Looking on internet its the GMail server 'bouncing'  traffic, this is
> almost certainly a GMail setting which causes the bounce which causes
> the OSM mail program to disconnect 'bounced' e-mail addresses.
>
> Cheers
>
> Tony
>

> On 14/01/2019 09:50, Chris Fleming wrote:
>> Yup same here. Although I had assumed that it was because I forward my
>> mail to gmail.
>>
>> Cheers
>> Chris
>>
>> On Mon, 14 Jan 2019 at 09:16 Dan S <[hidden email]
>> <mailto:danstowell%[hidden email]>> wrote:
>>
>>     It happened to me too today, FWIW.
>>
>>     Best
>>     Dan
>>
>>     Op ma 14 jan. 2019 om 09:10 schreef Jez Nicholson
>>     <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>>:
>>     >
>>     > I get the occasional email from Talk-GB telling me that my email
>>     address has excessive bounces. I'm using gmail. Am I the only one
>>     with problems? Is there something I need to change?
>>     >
>>     > Regards,
>>     >              Jez
>>     > _______________________________________________
>>     > Talk-GB mailing list
>>     > [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
>>     > https://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/talk-gb

Tom Hughes ([hidden email])
http://compton.nu/

Re: account disabled due to bounces

Brian Prangle-2
Could you give us  at least one of the five hundred links?

On Mon, 14 Jan 2019 at 10:14, Tom Hughes <[hidden email]> wrote:
Not really, it's gmail obeying the insane instructions (via DMARC etc)
of other ISPs like Yahoo.

See the five hundred previous times when I have explained it in detail.

Tom

On 14/01/2019 10:03, Tony Shield wrote:
> Me Too.  On Sunday night. I assume its Gmail.
>
> Looking on internet its the GMail server 'bouncing'  traffic, this is
> almost certainly a GMail setting which causes the bounce which causes
> the OSM mail program to disconnect 'bounced' e-mail addresses.
>
> Cheers
>
> Tony
>

> On 14/01/2019 09:50, Chris Fleming wrote:
>> Yup same here. Although I had assumed that it was because I forward my
>> mail to gmail.
>>
>> Cheers
>> Chris
>>
>> On Mon, 14 Jan 2019 at 09:16 Dan S <[hidden email]
>> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>>
>>     It happened to me too today, FWIW.
>>
>>     Best
>>     Dan
>>
>>     Op ma 14 jan. 2019 om 09:10 schreef Jez Nicholson
>>     <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>>:
>>     >
>>     > I get the occasional email from Talk-GB telling me that my email
>>     address has excessive bounces. I'm using gmail. Am I the only one
>>     with problems? Is there something I need to change?
>>     >
>>     > Regards,
>>     >              Jez
>>     > _______________________________________________
>>     > Talk-GB mailing list
>>     > [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
>>     > https://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/talk-gb

Tom Hughes ([hidden email])
http://compton.nu/

Re: account disabled due to bounces

Gregory Marler
If this is a regular question then it would be good to also explain it on the wiki
Either https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Mailing_lists or the discussion page of that.

Gregory.

On Mon, 14 Jan 2019 at 10:24, Brian Prangle <[hidden email]> wrote:
Could you give us  at least one of the five hundred links?

On Mon, 14 Jan 2019 at 10:14, Tom Hughes <[hidden email]> wrote:
Not really, it's gmail obeying the insane instructions (via DMARC etc)
of other ISPs like Yahoo.

See the five hundred previous times when I have explained it in detail.

Tom

On 14/01/2019 10:03, Tony Shield wrote:
> Me Too.  On Sunday night. I assume its Gmail.
>
> Looking on internet its the GMail server 'bouncing'  traffic, this is
> almost certainly a GMail setting which causes the bounce which causes
> the OSM mail program to disconnect 'bounced' e-mail addresses.
>
> Cheers
>
> Tony
>

> On 14/01/2019 09:50, Chris Fleming wrote:
>> Yup same here. Although I had assumed that it was because I forward my
>> mail to gmail.
>>
>> Cheers
>> Chris
>>
>> On Mon, 14 Jan 2019 at 09:16 Dan S <[hidden email]
>> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>>
>>     It happened to me too today, FWIW.
>>
>>     Best
>>     Dan
>>
>>     Op ma 14 jan. 2019 om 09:10 schreef Jez Nicholson
>>     <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>>:
>>     >
>>     > I get the occasional email from Talk-GB telling me that my email
>>     address has excessive bounces. I'm using gmail. Am I the only one
>>     with problems? Is there something I need to change?
>>     >
>>     > Regards,
>>     >              Jez
>>     > _______________________________________________
>>     > Talk-GB mailing list
>>     > [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
>>     > https://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/talk-gb

Tom Hughes ([hidden email])
http://compton.nu/

Gregory Marler
No More Grapes
07939 689 691

Re: account disabled due to bounces

Andy Allan
On Mon, 14 Jan 2019 at 10:10, Jez Nicholson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I get the occasional email from Talk-GB telling me that my email address has excessive bounces. I'm using gmail. Am I the only one with problems? Is there something I need to change?

It happens to me too. I've opened at ticket on the OWG tracker about
this, since there are steps that we can take to avoid this hassle.

https://github.com/openstreetmap/operations/issues/262

Thanks,
Andy

On 14/01/2019 16:31, Andy Allan wrote:
> On Mon, 14 Jan 2019 at 10:10, Jez Nicholson <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> I get the occasional email from Talk-GB telling me that my email address has excessive bounces. I'm using gmail. Am I the only one with problems? Is there something I need to change?
>
> It happens to me too. I've opened at ticket on the OWG tracker about
> this, since there are steps that we can take to avoid this hassle.
>
> https://github.com/openstreetmap/operations/issues/262

No there aren't because our mailman is too old and we can't
upgrade that machine because of the disaster area that is OSQA.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes ([hidden email])
http://compton.nu/