activate original plugins

Giuseppe Aruta
Hi SAIG,
I discovered that Kosmo 2 has embedded into the source some original Jump 1.2 plugins (Warp and affine transformation), how can I enable them? Is there a way, like Openjump workbench-properties.xml activation, without doing any core programming?

regards

Giuseppe

sextante java error

Giuseppe Aruta

Hi Saig,
I tried sextante>profile>profile and it gives this error message :
"java.lang.NullPointerException"

Regards

Giuseppe

Re: activate original plugins

Sergio Baños Calvo
Good morning Giuseppe.

The workbench-properties.xml file works the same in Kosmo as in OJ or
JUMP. You should:

1) Add the next to the Kosmo.bat/.sh file (the workbench-properties.xml
must be placed in the same directory as the .bat/.sh file in this case):

-properties "workbench-properties.xml"

2) Fill the workbench.properties.xml

Include a line in the file for each plugin you want to load. E.g.:

<workbench>
<plug-in>es.unex.sextante.kosmo.extensions.SextanteToolboxPlugin</plug-in>
<plug-in>es.unex.sextante.kosmo.extensions.SextanteResultsPlugin</plug-in>
<plug-in>es.unex.sextante.kosmo.extensions.SextanteModelerPlugin</plug-in>
<plug-in>es.unex.sextante.kosmo.extensions.SextanteHistoryPlugin</plug-in>
<plug-in>es.unex.sextante.kosmo.extensions.SextanteCommandLinePlugin</plug-in>
</workbench>

Remember that Kosmo has changed a lot of aspects from Jump, so those
plugins are not guaranteed to function correctly.

Regards,

Giuseppe Aruta escribió:

> Hi SAIG,
> I discovered that Kosmo 2 has embedded into the source some original Jump 1.2 plugins (Warp and affine transformation), how can I enable them? Is there a way, like Openjump workbench-properties.xml activation, without doing any core programming?
>
> regards
>
> Giuseppe

Sergio Baños Calvo

Jefe de desarrollos
Sistemas Abiertos de Información Geográfica, S.L. (SAIG S.L.)
Tlfno. móvil: 685005960
Tlfno. fijo: (+34) 954788876

E-mail: [hidden email]

Re: sextante java error

Sergio Baños Calvo
Good afternoon Giuseppe.

Could you confirm if you are using a raster layer from a directory or a
single image file?

Regards,

Giuseppe Aruta escribió:

> Hi Saig,
> I tried sextante>profile>profile and it gives this error message :
> "java.lang.NullPointerException"
>
> Regards
>
> Giuseppe

Sergio Baños Calvo

Jefe de desarrollos
Sistemas Abiertos de Información Geográfica, S.L. (SAIG S.L.)
Tlfno. móvil: 685005960
Tlfno. fijo: (+34) 954788876

E-mail: [hidden email]

Re: sextante java error

Giuseppe Aruta
Hi Sergio,
I use a single raster image, which I created using sextante. I send you a copy of the files I used (DEM.tif and sezione.shp).
How can I load a raster from a directory?

Peppe

sezione.zip (2M) Download Attachment

Re: activate original plugins

Giuseppe Aruta
I Sergio,
giving a look to Skyjump I came out to that solution. Thank you for your replay. Anyhow I experiment what you wrote: the core changes of the original jump avoid to use other plugins (even oj ones).
As I can see this involved JumpWorkbench.class and other files I don't want to modify (I have no experience to made plugins, right now the only one I did and let work is ... hello world..). I read anyhow that some former userd of Kosmo got some resoult (beanshell plugin, fro instance).
I go on finding a solution.
regards

Peppe

> The workbench-properties.xml file works the same in Kosmo
> as in OJ or JUMP. You should:
>
> 1) Add the next to the Kosmo.bat/.sh file (the
> workbench-properties.xml must be placed in the same
> directory as the .bat/.sh file in this case):
>
> -properties "workbench-properties.xml"
>
> 2) Fill the workbench.properties.xml
>
> Include a line in the file for each plugin you want to
> load. E.g.:
>
> <workbench>
> <plug-in>es.unex.sextante.kosmo.extensions.SextanteToolboxPlugin</plug-in>
> <plug-in>es.unex.sextante.kosmo.extensions.SextanteResultsPlugin</plug-in>
> <plug-in>es.unex.sextante.kosmo.extensions.SextanteModelerPlugin</plug-in>
> <plug-in>es.unex.sextante.kosmo.extensions.SextanteHistoryPlugin</plug-in>
> <plug-in>es.unex.sextante.kosmo.extensions.SextanteCommandLinePlugin</plug-in>
> </workbench>
>
> Remember that Kosmo has changed a lot of aspects from Jump,
> so those plugins are not guaranteed to function correctly.
>
> Regards,
>
> Giuseppe Aruta escribió:
> > Hi SAIG,
> > I discovered that Kosmo 2 has embedded into the source
> some original Jump 1.2 plugins (Warp and affine
> transformation), how can I enable them? Is there a way, like
> Openjump workbench-properties.xml activation, without doing
> any core programming?
> >
> > regards
> >
> > Giuseppe

> Sergio Baños Calvo
>
> Jefe de desarrollos
> Sistemas Abiertos de Información Geográfica, S.L. (SAIG
> S.L.)
> Tlfno. móvil: 685005960
> Tlfno. fijo: (+34) 954788876
>
> E-mail: [hidden email]

Re: sextante java error

Sergio Baños Calvo-2
Good morning Giuseppe.

Thank you for the files, I'll test them at once.

The load layer GUI allows you to select a directory instead of a single
file when loading an image: in this case, it will search all the image
files in that directory (it's not recursive, it won't search in
subdirectories) and it will load them as a single layer. This allows,
for example, to load a catalog of raster files as a single layer:
internally, the driver will request to each single file its image part
and will form the puzzle when the image is requested to the layer.

Regards,

Giuseppe Aruta escribió:

> Hi Sergio,
> I use a single raster image, which I created using sextante. I send you a copy of the files I used (DEM.tif and sezione.shp).
> How can I load a raster from a directory?
>
> Peppe

Hi Giuseppe.

If you want to try with a particular one, I could help you to make the
changes that will be necessary to make the plugin work in Kosmo. We have
translated some plugins from OJ to Kosmo that a client for us requested
and it's not a difficult task (at least the ones that were translated).

Regards,

Giuseppe Aruta escribió:

> I Sergio,
> giving a look to Skyjump I came out to that solution. Thank you for your replay. Anyhow I experiment what you wrote: the core changes of the original jump avoid to use other plugins (even oj ones).
> As I can see this involved JumpWorkbench.class and other files I don't want to modify (I have no experience to made plugins, right now the only one I did and let work is ... hello world..). I read anyhow that some former userd of Kosmo got some resoult (beanshell plugin, fro instance).
> I go on finding a solution.
> regards
>
> Peppe

Re: sextante java error

Sergio Baños Calvo
Good morning Giuseppe.

I checked the error and, with the example you sent to me, I got to
reproduce the same error.

It's a NullPointerException provoked by the use of an iterator without
checking before if it has at least one element. I'll contact Victor to
see if it's possible to change this part of the algorithm.

Regards,

Sergio Baños Calvo escribió:

> Good morning Giuseppe.
>
> Thank you for the files, I'll test them at once.
>
> The load layer GUI allows you to select a directory instead of a
> single file when loading an image: in this case, it will search all
> the image files in that directory (it's not recursive, it won't search
> in subdirectories) and it will load them as a single layer. This
> allows, for example, to load a catalog of raster files as a single
> layer: internally, the driver will request to each single file its
> image part and will form the puzzle when the image is requested to the
> layer.
>
> Regards,
>
> Giuseppe Aruta escribió:
>> Hi Sergio,
>> I use a single raster image, which I created using sextante. I send
>> you a copy of the files I used (DEM.tif and sezione.shp).
>> How can I load a raster from a directory?
>>
>> Peppe

>>> Tlfno. móvil: 685005960