add_location_example not working

Mohan Parthasarathy
Hi,

I am trying the add_location_example and it looks like the response from the server always return userRegistrationInfo.expiringTime Nil. I have tried with two different types of developer key (one with API authentication and the other with token authentication, both does not seem to work. Anyone got it working ?

-mohan

Re: add_location_example not working

dgolub
Hi Mohan,

There are few instruction to get it working.

1. Register APIKEY with 'Token Based Authentication' and 'Locations' enabled
2. Go to http://tps.sandbox.cloudmade.com/ and create user with APIKEY you got on the previous step
3. Enter user name and password when application asks it

Dmytro

2009/3/26 Mohan Parthasarathy <[hidden email]>
Hi,

I am trying the add_location_example and it looks like the response from the server always return userRegistrationInfo.expiringTime Nil. I have tried with two different types of developer key (one with API authentication and the other with token authentication, both does not seem to work. Anyone got it working ?

-mohan

Re: add_location_example not working

Mohan Parthasarathy
Hi Dmytro,

Thanks. The developer is not considered as a user and that's the mistake that i was making. The authentication seems to go through though there is some problem of loading the maps at this time (which worked yesterday even though the auth failed) which i will check later.

I had another related question. If there is only one user name, would saving locations from multiple devices be then seen by each other automatically. At least I can't see how the API can be differentiate this today. And this might be a feature too depending on how you see it. Could you clarify ?

thanks
mohan

On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 1:38 AM, Dmytro Golub <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

It will work if user will save locations from different devices. Moreover you can save locations from web and then get those locations from devices and vice versa. There are two key points:

P.S
Tell me more about the problem with map's loading.

Best regards,
Dmytro