add notes to personal profile

Martin Trautmann
Hi all,

I recently uploaded some notes from osmand+ to openstreetmap, but did
not see them first.

I now learned how to activate the notes layer both for openstreetmap and
its editor.

But I would prefer that notes would be added to my personal profile in
order to find and edit them.

Is there any chance to connect the notes database with the user's profile?

Schönen Gruß

Re: add notes to personal profile

Philip Barnes
On Wed, 2019-07-17 at 17:40 +0200, Martin Trautmann wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I recently uploaded some notes from osmand+ to openstreetmap, but did
> not see them first.
>
> I now learned how to activate the notes layer both for openstreetmap
> and
> its editor.
>
> But I would prefer that notes would be added to my personal profile
> in
> order to find and edit them.
>
> Is there any chance to connect the notes database with the user's
> profile?

Notes that you create, either through osm.org or OSMand can be found on
your profile under My Notes.

HTH Phil (trigpoint)

Re: add notes to personal profile

Andy Townsend
On 17/07/2019 16:40, Martin Trautmann wrote:

> I recently uploaded some notes from osmand+ to openstreetmap, but did
> not see them first.
>
> I now learned how to activate the notes layer both for openstreetmap and
> its editor.
>
> But I would prefer that notes would be added to my personal profile in
> order to find and edit them.
>
> Is there any chance to connect the notes database with the user's profile?

Apologies if I'm misunderstanding the question, but any notes that you
add as a logged in user should be visible from your profile.  For
example, my OSM user is https://www.openstreetmap.org/user/SomeoneElse/
and from that profile page there is a link to
https://www.openstreetmap.org/user/SomeoneElse/notes .

That shows all the notes that I've added, commented on or resolved.

Best Regards,

Andy

On 19-07-17 18:03, Philip Barnes wrote:
> On Wed, 2019-07-17 at 17:40 +0200, Martin Trautmann wrote:

> Notes that you create, either through osm.org or OSMand can be found on
> your profile under My Notes.

Ah, thanks, my mistake. Yes, you are right, there they are.

I guess I would have expected some stronger visual effect - "My
Messages" has a count 0 with green background, the profile has nothing.

Even within my profile, there are numbers behind edits, traces and
diary, but not behind the notes.

So thanks, notes are added to my profile. Now I'd wish to have notes,
created by myself, to be shown with a counter number behind My Notes and
My Profile above.

Schönen Gruß

Re: add notes to personal profile

Maarten Deen

On 18/07/19 16:58, Maarten Deen wrote:

> On 2019-07-17 18:03, Philip Barnes wrote:
>> On Wed, 2019-07-17 at 17:40 +0200, Martin Trautmann wrote:
>

>>> Is there any chance to connect the notes database with the user's
>>> profile?
>>>
>> Notes that you create, either through osm.org or OSMand can be found on
>> your profile under My Notes.
>
> In OSMAnd?

Similar to maps me etc, a phone render that has some editing capabilities.

In a similar fashion it could be said
"Notes that you create, either through osm.org, iD, JOSM or OSMand can
be found on
your profile under My Notes." I am certain there are other ways of
entering data into osm..

On 2019-07-18 09:44, Warin wrote:

> On 18/07/19 16:58, Maarten Deen wrote:

>>> Notes that you create, either through osm.org or OSMand can be found
>>> on
>>> your profile under My Notes.
>>
>> In OSMAnd?
>
> Similar to maps me etc, a phone render that has some editing
> capabilities.
>
> In a similar fashion it could be said
> "Notes that you create, either through osm.org, iD, JOSM or OSMand can
> be found on
> your profile under My Notes." I am certain there are other ways of
> entering data into osm..

My question was more pointed to where you can find those notes. Whether
the "My Notes" function is something in OSMAnd or in OSM.
I can't find it in OSM. It's not in my profile.

Maarten

Re: add notes to personal profile

Warin
On 18/07/19 17:57, Maarten Deen wrote:

> On 2019-07-18 09:44, Warin wrote:

>>> In OSMAnd?
>>
>> Similar to maps me etc, a phone render that has some editing
>> capabilities.
>>
>> In a similar fashion it could be said
>> "Notes that you create, either through osm.org, iD, JOSM or OSMand can
>> be found on
>> your profile under My Notes." I am certain there are other ways of
>> entering data into osm..
>
> My question was more pointed to where you can find those notes.
> Whether the "My Notes" function is something in OSMAnd or in OSM.
> I can't find it in OSM. It's not in my profile.

When you add stuff to OSM either by JOSM,id or OSMand ... it all goes
into the OSM date base. OK?

To find your notes that are in the OSM data base .. go to your OSM user
profile        https://www.openstreetmap.org/user/xxxx where xxxx is
your OSM user name.

There you will find across the upper part of the screen some blue writing

My Edits  My Notes My Traces My Diary My Comments My Settings

Click on "My Notes"  .... I think that is enough information?

------------- If you use a different name with OSMAnd then you will have
to look in that user profile.

PS .. I have no notes in my profile .. that means I have not entered any.

On 2019-07-18 10:18, Warin wrote:

> On 18/07/19 17:57, Maarten Deen wrote:

>>> Similar to maps me etc, a phone render that has some editing
>>> capabilities.
>>>
>>> In a similar fashion it could be said
>>> "Notes that you create, either through osm.org, iD, JOSM or OSMand
>>> can
>>> be found on
>>> your profile under My Notes." I am certain there are other ways of
>>> entering data into osm..
>>
>> My question was more pointed to where you can find those notes.
>> Whether the "My Notes" function is something in OSMAnd or in OSM.
>> I can't find it in OSM. It's not in my profile.
>
> When you add stuff to OSM either by JOSM,id or OSMand ... it all goes
> into the OSM date base. OK?
>
> To find your notes that are in the OSM data base .. go to your OSM
> user profile        https://www.openstreetmap.org/user/xxxx where xxxx
> is your OSM user name.
>
> There you will find across the upper part of the screen some blue
> writing
>
> My Edits  My Notes My Traces My Diary My Comments My Settings
>
> Click on "My Notes"  .... I think that is enough information?

Hmm. I must have been blind. I probably was blind to this link because
there was no number behind it. OSM shows how much edits, how much
traces, how much diary entries I made, but not how much notes.

And of course it was in Dutch so it is not called My Notes :/

Maarten

On 18/07/19 18:39, Maarten Deen wrote:

> On 2019-07-18 10:18, Warin wrote:

>>> My question was more pointed to where you can find those notes.
>>> Whether the "My Notes" function is something in OSMAnd or in OSM.
>>> I can't find it in OSM. It's not in my profile.
>>
>> When you add stuff to OSM either by JOSM,id or OSMand ... it all goes
>> into the OSM date base. OK?
>>
>> To find your notes that are in the OSM data base .. go to your OSM
>> user profile        https://www.openstreetmap.org/user/xxxx where xxxx
>> is your OSM user name.
>>
>> There you will find across the upper part of the screen some blue
>> writing
>>
>> My Edits  My Notes My Traces My Diary My Comments My Settings
>>
>> Click on "My Notes"  .... I think that is enough information?
>
> Hmm. I must have been blind.

Yer. These changes sneak up on us. Like changes to speed limits... "But
it was 80 last time I looked officer."