adding data

wouter van der plas
hallo,

i would like to know something about the license of osm.

i have found a data source witch has the address and name of many bars in my area. i don't know the licence so i assume it is copy written.

if i put he addresses trough nominatim and than place them in the correct possession,(with the help photo's of the area, and the website of the place), added a phone number and/or website would that make that my own data and so make it compatible with osm.

tl;dr: can you make a source compatible with the osm lisence by adding data

thanks in advance,

wouter van der plas (wvdp)

Re: adding data

Xan-3
In my opinion (not official) if the source is copyrighted, then you cannot include that data in OSM.
Survey data is the best: go out and make notes about the houses, etc.

I think that CC0 (Creative Commons 0 license) is compatible with OSM, Public Domain. I suppose that CC-BY is compatible also (you can put the source and license in the comment of the commit data), but any other CC license (overall -BY) is not compatible with OSM (the -BY license are clear: we can't distribute the data with the -By license if we use OSM license).

But I repeate, it's just my opinion.

Regards,
Xan.

On Fri, 21 Feb 2014 19:36:31 +0100
wouter van der plas <[hidden email]> ha escrit: