adding my aerial sphere 360 panorama to the OpenStreetMap

adding my aerial sphere 360 panorama to the OpenStreetMap

Oleksiy Muzalyev
Good day,

I published a new diary entry about an experiment of adding my aerial
sphere 360 panorama to the OpenStreetMap:

https://www.openstreetmap.org/user/Alex-7/diary

If you are interested of virtual, 3D or deep mapping, please, read and
comment.

Best regards,

O. (Alex-7@OSM)

Re: adding my aerial sphere 360 panorama to the OpenStreetMap

Oleksiy Muzalyev
Hi James,

thank you very much for your comment.

Both Mapillary and OpenStreetCam specialize in Street View style imagery, i.e. the imagery created at the level of 1.5 - 2 meters above the ground. These are great resources.

However, I shoot sphere panoramas at the altitude of 30 - 50 meters above the ground. One such panorama covers an area of about one square kilometer. It provides a good 3D impression and understanding of a geographical place.

I learned from the interesting discussion at my new diary entry page https://www.openstreetmap.org/user/Alex-7/diary
that Wikimedia's Wmflabs works on its Panorama Viewer. Actually it is functional already. And also that, probably, a new OSM tag is needed, since a panorama, especially aerial, is not a usual still image, it is a new different quickly developing technology.

Thank you again and have a good day.

Best regards,
O. (Alex-7@OSM)