address rules

Gerd Petermann
Hi all,

I wonder why we have a small difference between german and austrian rules like this:

mkgmap:country=DEU & mkgmap:city!=* & mkgmap:admin_level8=* { set mkgmap:city='${mkgmap:admin_level8|subst:Gemeinde |subst:Stadt}' }

mkgmap:country=AUT & mkgmap:city!=* & mkgmap:admin_level8=* { set mkgmap:city='${mkgmap:admin_level8|subst:Gemeinde |subst:Stadt }' }

In the rules for AUT both subst clauses end with a blank, in the rules for DEU there is no blank after "Stadt".

Is this intended?

Gerd

Re: address rules

Gerd Petermann
Just to give an example:
name=Stadtlohn

My understanding is that we should show the full name, not "lohn" (or LOHN) in the address search. The current rules
show the name Stadtlohn on the boundary but address search uses "lohn" as city name.

So, I think the german rules should be like those for Austria. If I here no complains I'll change it like that on saturday.

Gerd