amenity=clinic or healthcare=clinic

Clifford Snow
When reviewing a new users first edits, I noticed they use bot amenity=clinic and healthcare=clinic. I was surprised to see both are document on the wiki - amenity=clinic [1] and healthcare=clinic [2]

They seem redundant. Should both exist or should amenity=clinic be deprecated? (I like the healthcare=clinic better mainly because amenity is so overused.)

The edits were done with iD which would indicate they have both tags.

[2] https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:healthcare

--
@osm_seattle
OpenStreetMap: Maps with a human touch

Re: amenity=clinic or healthcare=clinic

Bryan Housel-2
Yes, iD now adds the `healthcare=` tags alongside the legacy tags.

We also considered asking users if they want to “upgrade” old tags, but I received enough pushback that I just decided to drop the idea.
(I still think it’s worth revisiting someday)

Thanks, Bryan

On Oct 17, 2018, at 2:45 PM, Clifford Snow <[hidden email]> wrote:

When reviewing a new users first edits, I noticed they use bot amenity=clinic and healthcare=clinic. I was surprised to see both are document on the wiki - amenity=clinic [1] and healthcare=clinic [2]

They seem redundant. Should both exist or should amenity=clinic be deprecated? (I like the healthcare=clinic better mainly because amenity is so overused.)

The edits were done with iD which would indicate they have both tags.

[2] https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:healthcare

--
@osm_seattle
OpenStreetMap: Maps with a human touch

Re: amenity=clinic or healthcare=clinic

Mateusz Konieczny-3
17. Oct 2018 20:45 by [hidden email]:

When reviewing a new users first edits, I noticed they use bot amenity=clinic and healthcare=clinic. I was surprised to see both are document on the wiki - amenity=clinic [1] and healthcare=clinic [2]

They seem redundant. Should both exist or should amenity=clinic be deprecated? (I like the healthcare=clinic better mainly because amenity is so overused.)

The edits were done with iD which would indicate they have both tags.

 Given that both amenity=clinic and healthcare=clinic may be easily added to the same object

I see no reason to spend tome on convincing mappers and data users to switch to single

version.