barrier=lift_gate

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

barrier=lift_gate

Gerd Petermann
Hi all,

I noticed that the default style is a bit strange regrading barriers:

The barrier at node
http://www.openstreetmap.org/node/1597509392#map=19/52.21425/8.81559
has an influence on routing (with --link-pois-to-ways), but it is not displayed
in the map.

The reason is that we use barrier=* when we evaluate the effect on routing,
but we display only specific barriers:
barrier=bollard | barrier=bus_trap | barrier=gate [0x660f resolution 24]
barrier=block | barrier=cycle_barrier | barrier=stile | barrier=kissing_gate [0x660f resolution 24]

I think we should display all barriers which have an effect on routing,
but I am not sure what to change in the style.

Any suggestions?

Gerd
 
 

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: barrier=lift_gate

Marko Mäkelä
Hi Gerd,

On Fri, Aug 08, 2014 at 10:57:38PM -0700, GerdP wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>I noticed that the default style is a bit strange regrading barriers:
>
>The barrier at node
>http://www.openstreetmap.org/node/1597509392#map=19/52.21425/8.81559
>has an influence on routing (with --link-pois-to-ways), but it is not
>displayed
>in the map.
>
>The reason is that we use barrier=* when we evaluate the effect on routing,
>but we display only specific barriers:
>barrier=bollard | barrier=bus_trap | barrier=gate [0x660f resolution 24]
>barrier=block | barrier=cycle_barrier | barrier=stile | barrier=kissing_gate
>[0x660f resolution 24]
>
>I think we should display all barriers which have an effect on routing,
>but I am not sure what to change in the style.
>
>Any suggestions?

What about the following:

barrier=* { set mkgmap:barrier=yes } [0x660f resolution 24]

Then, change the internal processing to look for mkgmap:barrier instead
of barrier. In this way, certain barriers can be ignored by style file
authors.

        Marko
_______________________________________________
mkgmap-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
http://www.mkgmap.org.uk/mailman/listinfo/mkgmap-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: barrier=lift_gate

Gerd Petermann
Hi Marko,

sounds not bad. We could remove the --link-pois-to-ways option.
The style author can decide whether to display the barrier and
only those nodes with mkgmap:barrier=yes are considered
for routing.

Gerd

> Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2014 11:31:01 +0300

> From: [hidden email]
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: [mkgmap-dev] barrier=lift_gate
>
> Hi Gerd,
>
> On Fri, Aug 08, 2014 at 10:57:38PM -0700, GerdP wrote:
> >Hi all,
> >
> >I noticed that the default style is a bit strange regrading barriers:
> >
> >The barrier at node
> >http://www.openstreetmap.org/node/1597509392#map=19/52.21425/8.81559
> >has an influence on routing (with --link-pois-to-ways), but it is not
> >displayed
> >in the map.
> >
> >The reason is that we use barrier=* when we evaluate the effect on routing,
> >but we display only specific barriers:
> >barrier=bollard | barrier=bus_trap | barrier=gate [0x660f resolution 24]
> >barrier=block | barrier=cycle_barrier | barrier=stile | barrier=kissing_gate
> >[0x660f resolution 24]
> >
> >I think we should display all barriers which have an effect on routing,
> >but I am not sure what to change in the style.
> >
> >Any suggestions?
>
> What about the following:
>
> barrier=* { set mkgmap:barrier=yes } [0x660f resolution 24]
>
> Then, change the internal processing to look for mkgmap:barrier instead
> of barrier. In this way, certain barriers can be ignored by style file
> authors.
>
> Marko
> _______________________________________________
> mkgmap-dev mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://www.mkgmap.org.uk/mailman/listinfo/mkgmap-dev

_______________________________________________
mkgmap-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
http://www.mkgmap.org.uk/mailman/listinfo/mkgmap-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: barrier=lift_gate

Marko Mäkelä
On Mon, Aug 11, 2014 at 12:18:03PM +0200, Gerd Petermann wrote:
>sounds not bad. We could remove the --link-pois-to-ways option.
>The style author can decide whether to display the barrier and
>only those nodes with mkgmap:barrier=yes are considered
>for routing.

Right. Could the processing of mkgmap:barrier also consider other tags
that might be set on the node? For example, there could be a shallow
steel rail on the road side that is trivial to cross for the majority of
pedestrians. I guess it should be considered as a barrier for bicycles,
even though it is possible to lift the bicycle over and continue riding.

Currently these two paths are detached from the main road and the end
nodes are tagged as noexit=yes, which prevents even pedestrian routing:

http://www.openstreetmap.org/node/443718771
http://www.openstreetmap.org/node/443718772

I think that I should tag the nodes with barrier=something,foot=yes and
connect the paths to the main road, and expect the routing to only be
allowed for pedestrians.

        Marko
_______________________________________________
mkgmap-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
http://www.mkgmap.org.uk/mailman/listinfo/mkgmap-dev