bounds and sea on pleiades

Patrik Brunner
Lambertus,

Actually you have a directory ./latest in both your sea and bounds
directory in which we can find the latest version of the sea and and the
bounds file.

Unfortunately these files still have the date tag in the name which
makes an automatic 'fix' download of the latest boundaries quite
hard..... there's no need to change these files, but wouldn't it be
possible to have a file just called 'bounds.zip' and 'sea.zip' (and
respective for bz2 files) being a link to the actually latest file ?

So one could always download the latest file from the paths
./bounds/latest/bounds.zip and ./sea/latest/sea.zip

Not sure how complex it is to achieve this during your automated
generation/preparation/publishing, but guessing from my scripting
experience it shouldn't be that hard.

Thanks for having a look at this.
Cheers
Patrik

Re: bounds and sea on pleiades

Bernd Weigelt
Am Freitag, 31. Januar 2014, 15:37:50 schrieb Patrik Brunner:
> So one could always download the latest file from the paths
> ./bounds/latest/bounds.zip and ./sea/latest/sea.zip
>
> Not sure how complex it is to achieve this during your automated
> generation/preparation/publishing, but guessing from my scripting
> experience it shouldn't be that hard.

I think is better to use a link, named bounds.zip, to the latest file, with my
python script i check for the date in latest/

if config.get('navmap', 'sea') == "latest":
      target = http.client.HTTPConnection("osm2.pleiades.uni-wuppertal.de")
      target.request("GET", "/sea/latest/")
      htmlcontent =  target.getresponse()
      data = htmlcontent.read()
      data = data.decode('utf8')
      pattern = re.compile('sea_201\d{5}.zip')
      sea_rev_pre = sorted(pattern.findall(data), reverse=True)[1]
      sea_rev = os.path.splitext(os.path.basename(sea_rev_pre))[0]
      target.close()

      config.set('navmap', 'sea_rev', (sea_rev))

m2c
Bernd

--
amarok2 now playing:

Re: bounds and sea on pleiades

Patrik Brunner
link, redirect, file.... whatever...
... just something wget is able to fetch without bigger troubles and not
much code around it.
;-)

I'll use the version.txt file inside the zip file for version checking
lateron.

Cheers
Patrik

On 31.01.2014 16:29, Bernd Weigelt wrote:

> Am Freitag, 31. Januar 2014, 15:37:50 schrieb Patrik Brunner:
>> So one could always download the latest file from the paths
>> ./bounds/latest/bounds.zip and ./sea/latest/sea.zip
>>
>> Not sure how complex it is to achieve this during your automated
>> generation/preparation/publishing, but guessing from my scripting
>> experience it shouldn't be that hard.
> I think is better to use a link, named bounds.zip, to the latest file, with my
> python script i check for the date in latest/
>
> if config.get('navmap', 'sea') == "latest":
>        target = http.client.HTTPConnection("osm2.pleiades.uni-wuppertal.de")
>        target.request("GET", "/sea/latest/")
>        htmlcontent =  target.getresponse()
>        data = htmlcontent.read()
>        data = data.decode('utf8')
>        pattern = re.compile('sea_201\d{5}.zip')
>        sea_rev_pre = sorted(pattern.findall(data), reverse=True)[1]
>        sea_rev = os.path.splitext(os.path.basename(sea_rev_pre))[0]
>        target.close()
>
>        config.set('navmap', 'sea_rev', (sea_rev))
>
> m2c
> Bernd

Re: bounds and sea on pleiades

osm-9
This is not hard to achieve and I'll add an easier link with the next
update.

On 31-01-14 15:37, Patrik Brunner wrote:

> Lambertus,
>
> Actually you have a directory ./latest in both your sea and bounds
> directory in which we can find the latest version of the sea and and
> the bounds file.
>
> Unfortunately these files still have the date tag in the name which
> makes an automatic 'fix' download of the latest boundaries quite
> hard..... there's no need to change these files, but wouldn't it be
> possible to have a file just called 'bounds.zip' and 'sea.zip' (and
> respective for bz2 files) being a link to the actually latest file ?
>
> So one could always download the latest file from the paths
> ./bounds/latest/bounds.zip and ./sea/latest/sea.zip
>
> Not sure how complex it is to achieve this during your automated
> generation/preparation/publishing, but guessing from my scripting
> experience it shouldn't be that hard.
>
> Thanks for having a look at this.
> Cheers
> Patrik

Re: bounds and sea on pleiades

Patrik Brunner
Good news.... many thanks, Lambertus. Anything fixed (not changing with
different releases) will do it.

Regards
Patrik

On 31.01.2014 19:18, Lambertus wrote:

> This is not hard to achieve and I'll add an easier link with the next
> update.
>

> On 31-01-14 15:37, Patrik Brunner wrote:
>> Lambertus,
>>
>> Actually you have a directory ./latest in both your sea and bounds
>> directory in which we can find the latest version of the sea and and
>> the bounds file.
>>
>> Unfortunately these files still have the date tag in the name which
>> makes an automatic 'fix' download of the latest boundaries quite
>> hard..... there's no need to change these files, but wouldn't it be
>> possible to have a file just called 'bounds.zip' and 'sea.zip' (and
>> respective for bz2 files) being a link to the actually latest file ?
>>
>> So one could always download the latest file from the paths
>> ./bounds/latest/bounds.zip and ./sea/latest/sea.zip
>>
>> Not sure how complex it is to achieve this during your automated
>> generation/preparation/publishing, but guessing from my scripting
>> experience it shouldn't be that hard.
>>
>> Thanks for having a look at this.
>> Cheers
>> Patrik

Re: bounds and sea on pleiades

Patrik Brunner
Lambertus,

I've seen that the 'bounds' is already handled with the new concept:
http://osm2.pleiades.uni-wuppertal.de/bounds/latest/bounds.zip
But the sea boundaries are not yet done the same way even though there is a new version of that file in the date specific directory:
http://osm2.pleiades.uni-wuppertal.de/sea/latest/sea_20140127.zip
Will this be done later or did something go 'wrong' with the new build process of the sea boundaries ?
... don't want to be stressing you, it's just a question.

Thanks
[...]

Yes something went wrong ... I tried to optimize my build chain by parallelizing things, but I managed to schedule two processes that want all available RAM at the same time. That didn't go well. :p

So I killed the sea generator and will run that one later.

On 04-02-14 18:42, Patrik Brunner wrote:
[...]

ligfietser
Lambertus,
Is the latest bounds file correct?
It is much smaller (72 Mb) than the previous ones (412 Mb)

> On 04-02-14 18:55, Patrik Brunner wrote:
>

> ok, thanks.... sorry to be a pain... ;-)
>

> On 04.02.2014 18:52, Lambertus wrote:
>

> Yes something went wrong ... I tried to optimize my build chain by
> parallelizing things, but I managed to schedule two processes that
> want all available RAM at the same time. That didn't go well. :p
>
> So I killed the sea generator and will run that one later.
>
> On 04-02-14 18:42, Patrik Brunner wrote:
>

> Lambertus,
>
> I've seen that the 'bounds' is already handled with the new concept:
>

> http://osm2.pleiades.uni-wuppertal.de/bounds/latest/bounds.zip
> But the sea boundaries are not yet done the same way even though there
> is a new version of that file in the date specific directory:
>

> http://osm2.pleiades.uni-wuppertal.de/sea/latest/sea_20140127.zip
> Will this be done later or did something go 'wrong' with the new build
> process of the sea boundaries ?
> ... don't want to be stressing you, it's just a question.
>
> Thanks
> Patrik
>

> On 31.01.2014 19:18, Lambertus wrote:
>

> This is not hard to achieve and I'll add an easier link with the next
> update.
>

> On 31-01-14 15:37, Patrik Brunner wrote:
>

> Lambertus,
>
> Actually you have a directory ./latest in both your sea and bounds
> directory in which we can find the latest version of the sea and and
> the bounds file.
>
> Unfortunately these files still have the date tag in the name which
> makes an automatic 'fix' download of the latest boundaries quite
> hard..... there's no need to change these files, but wouldn't it be
> possible to have a file just called 'bounds.zip' and 'sea.zip' (and
> respective for bz2 files) being a link to the actually latest file ?
>
> So one could always download the latest file from the paths
> ./bounds/latest/bounds.zip and ./sea/latest/sea.zip
>
> Not sure how complex it is to achieve this during your automated
> generation/preparation/publishing, but guessing from my scripting
> experience it shouldn't be that hard.
>
> Thanks for having a look at this.
> Cheers
> Patrik

Re: bounds and sea on pleiades

UliBaer
ligfietser wrote
Lambertus,
Is the latest bounds file correct?
It is much smaller (72 Mb) than the previous ones (412 Mb)
I would like to second this question and therefore "push it up" again.

Re: bounds and sea on pleiades

Thorsten Kukuk
On Tue, Feb 11, UliBaer wrote:

> ligfietser wrote
> > Lambertus,
> > Is the latest bounds file correct?
> > It is much smaller (72 Mb) than the previous ones (412 Mb)
>
> I would like to second this question and therefore "push it up" again.

My ones (http://osm.thkukuk.de/data/) are still about 430 MB.

  Thorsten

GF: Jeff Hawn, Jennifer Guild, Felix Imend├Ârffer, HRB 16746 (AG N├╝rnberg)

Re: bounds and sea on pleiades

osm-9
Sorry for the late response.

Looking at the logging it appears that the process crashed. I've added
some checks to (hopefully) prevent uploading such files in the future.
The current map update has to finish before I can start another attempt.
In the meantime the latest is replaced by a previous version.

On 09-02-14 16:09, Minko wrote:

> Lambertus,
> Is the latest bounds file correct?
> It is much smaller (72 Mb) than the previous ones (412 Mb)
>

>> On 04-02-14 18:55, Patrik Brunner wrote:
>>

>> ok, thanks.... sorry to be a pain... ;-)
>>

>> On 04.02.2014 18:52, Lambertus wrote:
>>

>> Yes something went wrong ... I tried to optimize my build chain by
>> parallelizing things, but I managed to schedule two processes that
>> want all available RAM at the same time. That didn't go well. :p
>>
>> So I killed the sea generator and will run that one later.
>>
>> On 04-02-14 18:42, Patrik Brunner wrote:
>>

>> Lambertus,
>>
>> I've seen that the 'bounds' is already handled with the new concept:
>>

>> http://osm2.pleiades.uni-wuppertal.de/bounds/latest/bounds.zip
>> But the sea boundaries are not yet done the same way even though there
>> is a new version of that file in the date specific directory:
>>

>> http://osm2.pleiades.uni-wuppertal.de/sea/latest/sea_20140127.zip
>> Will this be done later or did something go 'wrong' with the new build
>> process of the sea boundaries ?
>> ... don't want to be stressing you, it's just a question.
>>
>> Thanks
>> Patrik
>>

>> On 31.01.2014 19:18, Lambertus wrote:
>>

>> This is not hard to achieve and I'll add an easier link with the next
>> update.
>>

>> On 31-01-14 15:37, Patrik Brunner wrote:
>>

>> Lambertus,
>>
>> Actually you have a directory ./latest in both your sea and bounds
>> directory in which we can find the latest version of the sea and and
>> the bounds file.
>>
>> Unfortunately these files still have the date tag in the name which
>> makes an automatic 'fix' download of the latest boundaries quite
>> hard..... there's no need to change these files, but wouldn't it be
>> possible to have a file just called 'bounds.zip' and 'sea.zip' (and
>> respective for bz2 files) being a link to the actually latest file ?
>>
>> So one could always download the latest file from the paths
>> ./bounds/latest/bounds.zip and ./sea/latest/sea.zip
>>
>> Not sure how complex it is to achieve this during your automated
>> generation/preparation/publishing, but guessing from my scripting
>> experience it shouldn't be that hard.
>>
>> Thanks for having a look at this.
>> Cheers
>> Patrik

Re: bounds and sea on pleiades

osm-9
Ok, found it.

To my casual reading acutal and actual is the same, though bash things
otherwise....

New versions for sea and bounds are available.

>>> Patrik