bridge tagging problem

Christopher Barham
Hi,
Can anyone help me improve the tag I've got for the Slippy Gully Bridge at:
http://osm.org/go/ueDUXPwz
The road is still Forest Hill Fernvale Road, just this section is a
new bridge called Slippy Gully Bridge.  I can't seem to find a good
tag incantation together.

Any help gratefully received.

Cheers,
Chris
http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/chas66/

Re: bridge tagging problem

Nick Austin
On Sat, Dec 19, 2009 at 11:55 AM, Chris Barham <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
> Can anyone help me improve the tag I've got for the Slippy Gully Bridge at:
> http://osm.org/go/ueDUXPwz
> The road is still Forest Hill Fernvale Road, just this section is a
> new bridge called Slippy Gully Bridge.  I can't seem to find a good
> tag incantation together.

Somehow the bridge had become a circular way.  For some reason
the render cannot handle circular bridges.  Fixed now.

Nick.

Re: bridge tagging problem

Dave F.
Chris Barham wrote:
> Hi,
> Can anyone help me improve the tag I've got for the Slippy Gully Bridge at:
> http://osm.org/go/ueDUXPwz
> The road is still Forest Hill Fernvale Road, just this section is a
> new bridge called Slippy Gully Bridge.  I can't seem to find a good
> tag incantation together.
>
> Any help gratefully received.
Hi Andy

I use bridge_name=*

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Bridge_Name

Some use a colon instead of an underscore, but I think the above is more
commonly used.

As an aside, do you know what the bridge is for? Is there something
underneath?
If it's a waterway/rail/road etc. I try & map it, even with a short
length if I don't know the full extent.

Cheers
Dave F.

Re: bridge tagging problem

Christopher Barham
On Sun, Dec 20, 2009 at 12:33 AM, Dave F. <[hidden email]> wrote:
> As an aside, do you know what the bridge is for? Is there something
> underneath?
> If it's a waterway/rail/road etc. I try & map it, even with a short
> length if I don't know the full extent.

Hi, Thanks for the advice.  It's a waterway, the Brisbane River, I'm
not sure why this isn't in OSM yet.  I'm guessing it's probably
because the Yahoo imagery isn't quite good enough to trace, and a lot
of administrative boundaries follow the river course making it hard to
spot.

Chris