building=yes tags removed by new mapper about a month ago.

building=yes tags removed by new mapper about a month ago.

john whelan-2

So far I've retagged some 750 buildings in different areas in Mali but the changeset covers a lot of ground and a number of countries so it might be nice for someone to have a look at what has happened.

The mapper has made no reply to a query.

Cheerio John

Re: building=yes tags removed by new mapper about a month ago.

Humanitarian OpenStreetMap (HOT) mailing list
Looks like he deleted the master relation for the Niger River as well.

Uggh.

GR

On Thursday, July 4, 2019, 10:39:38 AM PDT, john whelan <[hidden email]> wrote:

So far I've retagged some 750 buildings in different areas in Mali but the changeset covers a lot of ground and a number of countries so it might be nice for someone to have a look at what has happened.

The mapper has made no reply to a query.

Cheerio John

Re: building=yes tags removed by new mapper about a month ago.

Victor Sunday
1.What else can be done to track mappers like this?Do we have any tool that could provide the location of such mapper at the point of mapping?
2.With this kind of problem,I think its also necessary to make the profile completion of newbies signing up to OSM mandatory.maybe providing questions such as?
Do you already belong to local OSM community?if yes,provide name and location
how else can we reach you?phone no?......

We need to keep effective track of new OSM mappers so we handle or prevent this kind of problem.The mappers's username:TimSchepan has no other info about his/her profile.
Thanks @ John for the great job you re doing.
Victor N.Sunday

On Thu, Jul 4, 2019 at 7:41 PM Greg Rose via HOT <[hidden email]> wrote:
Looks like he deleted the master relation for the Niger River as well.

Uggh.

GR

On Thursday, July 4, 2019, 10:39:38 AM PDT, john whelan <[hidden email]> wrote:

So far I've retagged some 750 buildings in different areas in Mali but the changeset covers a lot of ground and a number of countries so it might be nice for someone to have a look at what has happened.

The mapper has made no reply to a query.

Cheerio John

Re: building=yes tags removed by new mapper about a month ago.

FransS1945

We know a little bit more about this Tim Schepan

take a look here

http://hdyc.neis-one.org/?TimSchepan

and here

http://resultmaps.neis-one.org/osm-suspicious?uid=9551821#10/15.2285/-11.6558

He did not map so much

https://www.openstreetmap.org/user/TimSchepan/history#map=6/10.743/-2.598

Will it be helpfull to revert his changesets ?

best regards

Frans

Op 4-7-2019 om 23:43 schreef Victor Sunday:
[...]

Looking more closely at the information Franz has provided he has basically only mapped in Mali and I'm happy I can pick out any buildings he has untagged in Mali over the next few weeks.  I raised the matter more because I'm aware that some NGOs depend on building=yes tags for various reasons so thought to highlight the need to just double check any areas that looked suspiciously low.

The river Relationship is different.  I would support reverting the changeset(s) that did this to get the relationship back.

The others I leave the decision to those with more expertise than I have in reverting changesets.

Cheerio John

On Fri, 5 Jul 2019 at 04:12, Frans Schutz <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Relation Le Niger is back

Since he did not edit a lot This Overpass query can extract all the objects last edited by this contributor.  It seems to be all in Mali.

Le jeudi 4 juillet 2019 19 h 11 min 08 s UTC−4, Pierre Béland <[hidden email]> a écrit :

Using JOSM to undelete, I downloaded the previous version 69 of the relation and I tried send the data, accept to synchronize the data for conflict resolution.  But the synchronized data is not added to the the conflict panel for conflict resolution.

Pierre

Le jeudi 4 juillet 2019 13 h 40 min 14 s UTC−4, john whelan <[hidden email]> a écrit :

So far I've retagged some 750 buildings in different areas in Mali but the changeset covers a lot of ground and a number of countries so it might be nice for someone to have a look at what has happened.

The mapper has made no reply to a query.

Cheerio John

Re: building=yes tags removed by new mapper about a month ago.

john whelan-2
I think  the Mali side of things is under control so hopefully we can forget about him.

Cheerio John

--
Sent from Postbox

Re: building=yes tags removed by new mapper about a month ago.

Humanitarian OpenStreetMap (HOT) mailing list
Why didn't osm-suspicious alert on the June 2 change that deleted the Niger?
Seems that should have been an obvious change to flag!

GR

On Friday, July 5, 2019, 01:12:45 AM PDT, Frans Schutz <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Frans Schutz