buildings oand building outlines

nwillink
Hi

Have noticed an interesting 'feature':

I add  outlines to buildings if they have a name.

in lines : building=yes  &  name =*   [0x1100A  resolution 24 continue ]

99% of the buildings have the desired outlines , but every now and then something unusual happens  with outlines showing the odd triangular peak, ie not matching the building polygon.

Somehow the  line & polygon coordinates do not match?

You can see the effect here : www.pinns.co.uk/building.jpg

Nick

Re: buildings oand building outlines

Gerd Petermann
Hi Nick,

I think that is an effect of the WrongAngleFixer class which tries to reduce
the distortian effect of rounding to Garmin map units.
Polygons are not treated in the sam way as lines.
This problem is also on the todo list:
http://www.mkgmap.org.uk/dev/todo

Gerd

nwillink wrote