change layer's coordinate system

Giovanni Virdis

Hi,

If is possible I want to know which is the difference between these two operations:

1)     In the layer property (Advanced configuration – Layer property) I change the coordinate system with (EPSG 32632)

2)     In the layer property (Advanced configuration – Layer property) I change the coordinate system with (EPSG 32632) and I

     select a 1662 (Monte Mario to WGS 84 (2)) EPSG transformation.

Why in the first case the layer it comes moved in the map and in the second it remains in the same position.

I have analyzed the plugin “LayerInfoPlugIn” (LayerInfoDialog) and “EPSGSelectionDialog” . Which is the name of the dialog in which I select the coordinate system and the relative transformation?

Re: change layer's coordinate system

Sergio Baños Calvo-2
Good morning Giovanni.

The difference between the two operations are the next: in the operation
(2), you select the exact transformation that Kosmo should use to
reproject "on-the-fly" the layer features; in the operation (1), no
transformation is used (if not necessary) or a default one is used (if
the transformation is a must).

Could you give more info about the SRS used? Which is the view SRS?
Depending on the view SRS that you're using the behaviour could be
different.

In respect of the dialog, look into the
com.iver.cit.gvsig.gui.panels.ProjChooserPanel and the dialogs that it
uses in order to study them.

Regards,

Giovanni Virdis escribió:

> Hi,
>
> If is possible I want to know which is the difference between these
> two operations:
>
> 1) In the layer property (Advanced configuration – Layer property) I
> change the coordinate system with (EPSG 32632)
>
> 2) In the layer property (Advanced configuration – Layer property) I
> change the coordinate system with (EPSG 32632) and I
>
> select a 1662 (Monte Mario to WGS 84 (2)) EPSG transformation.
>
> Why in the first case the layer it comes moved in the map and in the
> second it remains in the same position.
>
> I have analyzed the plugin “LayerInfoPlugIn” (LayerInfoDialog) and
> “EPSGSelectionDialog” . Which is the name of the dialog in which I
> select the coordinate system and the relative transformation?
>
> Thanks

some observations about Kosmo

Giuseppe Aruta
Hola Swergio and SAIG,
I am sending a small list of observations for Kosmo - coming from some working activity. All things list below represents only some improvements, nothing connected to the real functionality of Kosmo which is "the best" as it is .

Advanced Symbology

1) Rotation of point symbology by attribute in a clockwise direction. Actually Kosmo only allows to do it in counterclockwise direction. Of coarse user can sshift this limit creating a new field and using the calculator tool to create negative number (Kosmo reads negative number and ireads them as ...clockwise)

2) Question: when a file/layer is shared (together with its advanced symbology) and copied into another compute, the new user has to recreate all the links in the advanced symbology because Kosmo SLS file stores only the original path.
 For insrtance, if the original PNG file is located into c:\Documetos\imagines (souce windows OS)  folder and the user put them into home/user/documents/imagines (target Linux OS), then the user has to recreate all the links through advanced symbology
This problem doesn't happen with "embedded"< Kosmo symbology, written in WKT and stored into Kosmo/bin/Symbology folder, whatever OS/foder is located the software and the project.
Proposal: Giving the possibility to Kosmo to read raster symbols from a customized folder makes the work easier for users since they have only to share the files of a project and  the symbols to be copied into Kosmo/bin/Symbology folder. This folder sould be the same as  the embedded symbols

Table/ Join Table

3) Possibility to join more than one field with Join Table. Actually it is possible to do but it requires more join/save/join/... process. BTW opening  Opencalc table (not only dbf and mdb) should be politically...opensouce!

Category

4) Tree of Category. This is a Yina's idea. It sound quite useful if into a project many similar layers require to be separate for display/analysis reasons. If Yina represent the 1st vote for it, mine is the second.

Assign value to fied tool

5) I recently discover this plugin. I came to the conclusion that it should have an access also from within the Query builder.
Actually it has a warning mesage that display if I want to assign attribute to all or only to select items. This optiobn is fine and extremely useful, but quite cryptical to discover. Infact I found it after a long time, and only "por casualidad". I think it would be better if Assign value to fied tool has a checkbox ("only selected items?") displaying the possibility.
______________________________

I did a refresh to the Italian language file, if you need I can send it for the up/to/come Kosmo 1.2.2

Regards and gracias por la atencion

Giuseppe

Re: some observations about Kosmo

Jan Helebrant
I would also add some ideas.
1) the problem with dbf encoding  (Cp1250, UTF-8 etc.) which was particularly solved  (but not when generating and saving points from table) - in my opinion, the best solution would be, if Kosmo could store somewhere, which encoding was used to load the table and automatically use the same for saving SHP generated from the table.

2) did anybody try the Sextante extension in Kosmo?
http://forge.osor.eu/plugins/wiki/index.php?More%20about%20SEXTANTE&id=13&type=g
i looks like nice possibility to extend Kosmo capabilities
- it is developed for gvSIG and OpenJUMP, so maybe it could work in Kosmo too

Jan

> [...]
> an access also from within the Query builder.
> Actually it has a warning mesage that display if I want to assign attribute to
> all or only to select items. This optiobn is fine and extremely useful, but
> quite cryptical to discover. Infact I found it after a long time, and only "por
> casualidad". I think it would be better if Assign value to fied tool has a
> checkbox ("only selected items?") displaying the possibility.
> ______________________________
>
> I did a refresh to the Italian language file, if you need I can send it for the
> up/to/come Kosmo 1.2.2
>

> Regards and gracias por la atencion
>
> Giuseppe

> Poco spazio e tanto spam? Yahoo! Mail ti protegge dallo spam e ti da tanto
> spazio gratuito per i tuoi file e i messaggi
> http://mail.yahoo.it

> End of Kosmo_int Digest, Vol 22, Issue 1

RE: Re: some observations about Kosmo

Manuel Navarro
We will keep in mind this idea about dbf encoding.
About Sextante. We think in a short period of time it will be available for
Kosmo too. There are actually works to archieve it in Sextante team.

Regards.

--
Carlos Navarro
[hidden email]

> [...]

> should have an access also from within the Query builder.
> Actually it has a warning mesage that display if I want to assign
> attribute to all or only to select items. This optiobn is fine and
> extremely useful, but quite cryptical to discover. Infact I found it
> after a long time, and only "por casualidad". I think it would be
> better if Assign value to fied tool has a checkbox ("only selected
items?") displaying the possibility.

> ______________________________
>
> I did a refresh to the Italian language file, if you need I can send
> it for the up/to/come Kosmo 1.2.2
>

> Regards and gracias por la atencion
>
> Giuseppe

> Poco spazio e tanto spam? Yahoo! Mail ti protegge dallo spam e ti da
> tanto spazio gratuito per i tuoi file e i messaggi
> http://mail.yahoo.it

> End of Kosmo_int Digest, Vol 22, Issue 1

R: Re: some observations about Kosmo

Giuseppe Aruta

Hi Jan

> 2) did anybody try the Sextante extension in Kosmo?
> http://forge.osor.eu/plugins/wiki/index.php?More%20about%20SEXTANTE&id=13&type=g
> i looks like nice possibility to extend Kosmo capabilities
> - it is developed for gvSIG and OpenJUMP, so maybe it could
> work in Kosmo too

2 other links about this project -  for Kosmo users who want to have more informations:

a) The information about this project that  Nacho Verela (wrote on his blog in Spanish): http://libresig.blogspot.com/2008/12/sextante-en-kosmo.html
Basically Nacho wote that the parts of vector and table of Sextante are partially done, while there is still some job to do on the raster part.

b) This is the  source of Sexatnte in Kosmo from Sexante sourceforge site:
https://forge.osor.eu/plugins/scmsvn/viewcvs.php/soft/bindings/kosmo/?root=sextante

regards

Giuseppe