`computer_vision_assisted=yes` changeset tag?

`computer_vision_assisted=yes` changeset tag?

ebel

Hi all,

With the increased usage of computer vision generated mapping data,
would it be a good idea for people/editors to set a
`computer_vision_assisted=yes` tag on changeset which use that?

We have `import=yes` and `bot=yes` for data import & automated edits
(resp.), so this is in keeping with that standard. We also add
`hashtags` etc tags to changeset. Changeset tags are for metadata about
the change. “This edit was assisted by computer vision” is useful
metadata, no?

What do yous think?

Rory

Re: `computer_vision_assisted=yes` changeset tag?

marc marc
Hello,

 > “This edit was assisted by computer vision”
 > is useful metadata, no?

I use a lot of such datas (traffic sign from mapillary via osmose)
I review it (viewing the picture myself) before any change to avoid some
false positive and to improve localisation.
who 'll made what if I add computer_vision_assisted changeset tag ?
for stat ? why not.
but in this case, it may also be needed to add humain_reviewed,
humain_improved, integration_tools and so...

currently I put source=mapillary source:date
I see a lot of mappers unable to fill a source tag,
for ex because a major editor doesn't promote enought a changeset
source tag. it would probably be best to start by having at least
the source tag everywhere before pushing for more secondary tags

Regards,
Marc

Re: `computer_vision_assisted=yes` changeset tag?

Philip Barnes

On Wednesday, 7 August 2019, marc marc wrote:

> Hello,
>
>  > “This edit was assisted by computer vision”
>  > is useful metadata, no?
>
> I use a lot of such datas (traffic sign from mapillary via osmose)
> I review it (viewing the picture myself) before any change to avoid some
> false positive and to improve localisation.
> who 'll made what if I add computer_vision_assisted changeset tag ?
> for stat ? why not.
> but in this case, it may also be needed to add humain_reviewed,
> humain_improved, integration_tools and so...
>
> currently I put source=mapillary source:date
> I see a lot of mappers unable to fill a source tag,
> for ex because a major editor doesn't promote enought a changeset
> source tag. it would probably be best to start by having at least
> the source tag everywhere before pushing for more secondary tags

I agree, mapillary can detect all sorts of temporary signs such as speed limits through roadworks meaning they will always require a human with local knowledge to review.

Phil (trigpoint)

--
Sent from my Sailfish device