crisis mapping volunteer survey

Tait Brimacombe

Hi,

I am writing to invite you to participate in a short survey for a University of Adelaide, Australia interdisciplinary research project – Humanitarian Emergencies in a Digital World. We are looking for volunteers have previously, or are currently, engaged in crisis mapping activities. You may have been involved in some of these activities through your connection to OpenStreetMap Australia network.

This research project seeks to understand why people all over the world participate in crisis responses, in particularly why people choose to volunteer, their experiences of the process and their perceptions of the impact. This project aims to contribute to our understanding of the how processes such as crowdsourcing and crisis mapping help to inform the situational awareness of humanitarian aid workers during emergencies.

You can find more information about the research project, and what it means to participate, in a document available (here). If you are interested in participating in the survey, you can do so using this following link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/S32HP8X

Alternatively, please feel free to circulate through your relevant networks.

Thank you,

Tait Brimacombe

(on behalf of the research team)