customize kosmo

Giovanni Virdis

Hi,

If is possibile i want create a my kosmo .I explain better . I want create a new jar that executes kosmo modified with my exstension , and with my project already open when start kosmo. The users  lunch kosmo and they can use it as a normal kosmo but they have a new function that I have implemented for a specific scope.

How I can do?

Re: customize kosmo

Dragan Podvezanec

Giovanni Virdis wrote
Hi,

If is possibile i want create a my kosmo .I explain better . I want
create a new jar that executes kosmo modified with my exstension , and
with my project already open when start kosmo. The users  lunch kosmo
and they can use it as a normal kosmo but they have a new function that
I have implemented for a specific scope.

How I can do?

We have similar problem:

I don't know how to export properly saig.jar from Eclipse: I went to File > Export > Java > JAR File. There are some minor errors, but export gets done. After that I changed original saig.jar with my exported .jar, but I can't launch Kosmo, because it says it cannot find main class, although I used same .bat as Kosmo.

So , can authors guide us how to properly export custom .jar?

Regards,
Dragan

Re: customize kosmo

Sergio Baños Calvo
Good morning Giovanni.

In order to incorporate your changes to Kosmo, you only have to create
the jar for your extension and put it into the directory \bin\ext for
your Kosmo installation. If you want the extension to be activated by
default you should start your Kosmo version, activate the extension,
mark the option "Mark as default" and exit the application. Kosmo will
load by default the new extensions in sucesive executions (the options
are saved into the workbench-state.xml file).

There is also another option that can be used to load a plugin without
the needing of activate it by default. The -properties options allow to
load a custom XML file that enumerates a group of plugins that must be
loaded on startup. You must change the Kosmo.bat file in order to use
it, adding the -properties option:

-- Example of Kosmo.bat

SET PATH=..\dlls;%PATH%
start.\jre\bin\javaw -Djava.library.path="..\dlls;" -cp
.;./customExtension.jar;./saig.jar -Xmx800M
com.vividsolutions.jump.workbench.JUMPWorkbench -plug-in-directory ./ext
-properties "workbench-properties.xml"

-- Example of worbench-properties.xml, that should be place into the
directory \bin

<workbench>
  <plug-in>org.saig.jump.plugin.custom.myCustomPlugIn</plug-in>
</workbench>

On Kosmo loading the initialize() method for the myCustomPlugIn will be
called. Inside this method you should put all the stuff needed for your
plugin to be started (add it to a toolbar, create a new toolbar, add it
to a menu, create a new main menu, ...).

Regards,

Giovanni Virdis escribió:

> Hi,
>

> If is possibile i want create a my kosmo . I explain better . I want
> create a new jar that executes kosmo modified with my exstension , and
> with my project already open when start kosmo. The users  lunch kosmo
> and they can use it as a normal kosmo but they have a new function
> that I have implemented for a specific scope.
>

> How I can do?

Sergio Baños Calvo

Jefe de desarrollos
Sistemas Abiertos de Información Geográfica, S.L. (SAIG S.L.)
Tlfno. móvil: 685005960
Tlfno. fijo: (+34) 954788876

E-mail: [hidden email]

Re: customize kosmo

Sergio Baños Calvo
Good morning Dragan.

Have you added the META-INF/MANIFEST.MF correctly to the saig.jar file?
If I can remember correctly, when you use the Eclipse export wizard you
have some options about it, and one of them is "Use an existent
manifest.mf file". Open your saig.jar file and revise if the MANIFEST.MF
file has been correctly defined or not.

Regards,

--

Sergio Baños Calvo

Jefe de desarrollos
Sistemas Abiertos de Información Geográfica, S.L. (SAIG S.L.)
Tlfno. móvil: 685005960
Tlfno. fijo: (+34) 954788876

E-mail: [hidden email]

Re: customize kosmo

Dragan Podvezanec
Thanks! It works fine!

Sergio Baños Calvo wrote

--

Sergio Baños Calvo

Jefe de desarrollos
Sistemas Abiertos de Información Geográfica, S.L. (SAIG S.L.)
Tlfno. móvil: 685005960
Tlfno. fijo: (+34) 954788876

E-mail: sbc@saig.es

Release 1.1.2 / 2 info

Corrado d'Alessandro
Hi all,
are there some news about the new version of kosmo?
Thank you

Corrado

Re: Release 1.1.2 / 2 info

Sergio Baños Calvo
Good afternoon, Corrado.

Although both the 1.2.2 and the 2.0 version for Kosmo - Desktop client
were planned to be released for April, they are currently in the process
of updating/revising/translating. We have assigned all the available
resources to finish them as soon as possible, but I think that they
won't be ready at least until the end of the next month (June).

Regards,