data missing in extracts

ligfietser
Hi,
Recently I have a lot of issues updating my OSM data.
Normally my workflow is updating a region (Benelux) with osmupdate.
Recently I have found out the updates are corrupt, all mp relations are not in the map anymore.
Today I tried to download a Europe extract from Geofabrik, I cut out the Benelux area with osmconvert and again: no relations in the map at all.
Anyone having the same issue? I have no idea how to solve this, I have the latest versions of wget, osmupdate and osmconvert.
Don't think it is a step in my splitter/mkgmap chain because the source (o5m) is smaller than the previous versions which contains all relations.
Sometimes it works, but often not and today I found out that even the Europe extract was corrupt.

Re: data missing in extracts

Gerd Petermann
Hi Minko,

some weeks ago I found out that I had an osmconvert build for Windows 64 without large file support and that caused
strange errors like empty files. Make sure not to use these  versions / to build your version with large file support. See
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Osmconvert#Windows
for details.

Gerd

Recently I have a lot of issues updating my OSM data.
Normally my workflow is updating a region (Benelux) with osmupdate.
Recently I have found out the updates are corrupt, all mp relations are not in the map anymore.
Today I tried to download a Europe extract from Geofabrik, I cut out the Benelux area with osmconvert and again: no relations in the map at all.
Anyone having the same issue? I have no idea how to solve this, I have the latest versions of wget, osmupdate and osmconvert.
Don't think it is a step in my splitter/mkgmap chain because the source (o5m) is smaller than the previous versions which contains all relations.
Sometimes it works, but often not and today I found out that even the Europe extract was corrupt.

</[hidden email]></[hidden email]>

Re: data missing in extracts

ligfietser
Hi Gerd,
I am using the osmconvert 32 bit version on a Windows 7/64 bits pc.
How do I build another version with large file support?

Re: data missing in extracts

Gerd Petermann
Hi Minko,

I've installed mingw-w64. Click on Download here
https://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/
to get a mingw-w64-install.exe
I think I've executed that program with defaults.
After that you should find a script mingw-w64.bat in a path similar to this:
"c:\Program Files\mingw-w64\x86_64-8.1.0-posix-seh-rt_v6-rev0\mingw-w64.bat"
Execute it and use something like
cd c:\temp
wget.exe -O - http://m.m.i24.cc/osmconvert.c | gcc -x c - -lz -O3 -o osmconvert
to create a suitable osmconvert.exe in c:\temp
Note that you have to use gcc instead of cc, besides that the command is the same as on the wiki page.
Maybe add a path to wget.
Same steps for osmfilter and osmupdate.

________________________________

Re: data missing in extracts

ligfietser
Thanks Gerd, I'll give it a try.
Does this mean that osmfilter and osmupdate have the same issues?

Re: data missing in extracts

ligfietser
Thanks Gerd,
I've got them. Lets see if it works.

I contacted Markus Weber about this but he has no Windows system and seems unable to build corrected versions :-(
I've attached the fresh binaries, not sure if they'll pass a virus checker.

Gerd

Re: data missing in extracts

ligfietser
Hi Gerd,
I have tried your files with mixed results.
The Geofabrik extracts of Europe went fine now, but the Benelux osmupdate not (newer version still losing data).

Now I have tried the binary for Windows 64 bit (with large file support) from the wiki, this seems to work for now (but you never know for sure, I often have seen it works sometimes, but sometimes not, depending on the time of the day, at night it often fails).

I contacted Markus Weber about this but he has no Windows system and seems unable to build corrected versions :-(
I've attached the fresh binaries, not sure if they'll pass a virus checker.

Gerd

Re: data missing in extracts

Gerd Petermann
Hi Minko,

just to make sure: You are aware that Geofabrik has two different types of downloads now?
See the green box at the top of http://download.geofabrik.de/

Gerd

I have tried your files with mixed results.
The Geofabrik extracts of Europe went fine now, but the Benelux osmupdate not (newer version still losing data).

Now I have tried the binary for Windows 64 bit (with large file support) from the wiki, this seems to work for now (but you never know for sure, I often have seen it works sometimes, but sometimes not, depending on the time of the day, at night it often fails).

<https://yadi.sk/d/Vnwc4kut3LCBFm>
________________________________

Re: data missing in extracts

ligfietser
No, didn't know that. But the user and changeset ID's are not relevant for my styles anyway.

just to make sure: You are aware that Geofabrik has two different types of downloads now?
See the green box at the top of http://download.geofabrik.de/

Gerd

Re: data missing in extracts

Gerd Petermann
But the removed meta data might be relavant for osmupdate.

Re: data missing in extracts

ligfietser
Hi,
I updated my Benelux maps last night succesfully, so I think the Osmconvert windows 64 bit version for large file support seems to fix my issue:

Thanks Gerd for your help!