diary entry with interesting visualization of users contributions

diary entry with interesting visualization of users contributions

Peter Ross-5
http://openstreetmap.org/user/BlueMM/diary/3679

Re: diary entry with interesting visualization of users contributions

Ben Kelley-4
"there was plenty of warnings that it's very addictive"

That is so true.

On Mon, Oct 13, 2008 at 9:22 PM, Peter Ross <[hidden email]> wrote:
http://openstreetmap.org/user/BlueMM/diary/3679

Re: diary entry with interesting visualization of users contributions

Matt White-12
That's pretty cool. Good to see someone else is a potlatch junkie -
never really did like JOSM much, and Merkaator doesn't float my boat either.

It's really interesting looking at the growth of Melbourne (and
Australia). I've got nightly dumps for Australia going back a fair way,
and the Oz "planet" file has doubled in size in the last 10 months
(220Mb to 443Mb). So there's a fair few people doing work now (although
interestingly there's actually only a few dozen serious mappers
Australia-wide, who probably account for 90% of all the mapping done)

Matt

Ben Kelley wrote:

> "there was plenty of warnings that it's very addictive"
>
> That is so true.
>
> On Mon, Oct 13, 2008 at 9:22 PM, Peter Ross <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>     http://openstreetmap.org/user/BlueMM/diary/3679

Re: diary entry with interesting visualization of users contributions

Darrin Smith
On Mon, 13 Oct 2008 21:22:53 +1100
"Peter Ross" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> http://openstreetmap.org/user/BlueMM/diary/3679

The site he got that from www.itworld.com as referenced in the image
has some really nifty features I must say.

--

=b

Re: diary entry with interesting visualization of users contributions

Matt White-2
Darrin Smith wrote:

> On Mon, 13 Oct 2008 21:22:53 +1100
> "Peter Ross" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>> http://openstreetmap.org/user/BlueMM/diary/3679
>>

> The site he got that from www.itworld.com as referenced in the image
> has some really nifty features I must say.

Mised an 'o'...

www.itoworld.com

:)

Re: diary entry with interesting visualization of users contributions

Darrin Smith
On Mon, 13 Oct 2008 22:08:11 +1100
Matt White <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Darrin Smith wrote:
> > On Mon, 13 Oct 2008 21:22:53 +1100
> > "Peter Ross" <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >

> >> http://openstreetmap.org/user/BlueMM/diary/3679
> >>

> > The site he got that from www.itworld.com as referenced in the image
> > has some really nifty features I must say.
> >

> Mised an 'o'...
>
> www.itoworld.com
>
> :)

Wups indeed I did, can I blame the keyboard do you think? ;)

--

=b

Re: diary entry with interesting visualization of users contributions

Greg Harper-2
Thanks for sharing these links!

I've added a RSS feed of edits for a couple of particular locations I
am concentrating on, so it is nice to see if any new contributors pop
up, and to see what they have done, and to watch the tag use.

Liz

On Tue, 14 Oct 2008, Franc Carter wrote:
> The site said that it was UK only - has this changed ?
>
> cheers

It works fine for Au.

Liz wrote:

> On Tue, 14 Oct 2008, Franc Carter wrote:
>
>> The site said that it was UK only - has this changed ?
>>
>> cheers
>>

> It works fine for Au.

They added AU about six or eight-ish weeks ago (I spent ages waiting for
it to come online, cos you could create an area in AU months ago, but
nothing ever showed up until six weeks ago)

Re: diary entry with interesting visualization of users contributions

BlueMM
Hi geharper,

I just found out that you can setup the RSS feeds so they ignore all of your own changes (why do I want to be notified of my own changes??). Go to any area, select users, select yourself and then "Add opposite". Then the RSS links will of changed to filter out yourself.

BlueMM

      Search 1000's of available singles in your area at the new Yahoo!7 Dating. Get Started http://au.dating.yahoo.com/?cid=53151&pid=1011