difficulty importing raster DEM with r.in.gdal

difficulty importing raster DEM with r.in.gdal

Tim Eaton
Hello,
I'm very interested in using JGRASS to analyze hillslope hydrology and
eventually put together a dataset I can use with GEOtop.   I would also
very much prefer to spend time learning FOSS than proprietary GIS software.

 Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with GRASS scripting, and have been
unable to find adequate info on the various listservs/tech tips etc.. on
how to get it to import external data.  I have uDig 1.1.1 set up with
the JGRASS plug-in under a Windows XP environment.

I've been trying to import dem data in a format that is supposed to be
compatible (*.adf) so I can get started. But I keep getting the
following error when I try to run r.in.gdal on my tmsx.adf file.  I set
the "location to create" to a local subdirectory I named DATABASE, as I
understand is necessary.  Please help!

Thanks and Happy New Year!
Tim

Error message below:
JGrass 2 Console ML (Model Language) Compiler, Version 1.0.0.832, for x86
Copyright (C)
    HydroloGIS - www.hydrologis.com,
    C.U.D.A.M. - http://www.unitn.it/dipartimenti/cudam
-------------------------------- Compiling...
---------------------------------
null
null - 1 model/s compiled, total compilation time: 1642 ms

GroovyShell, Version 1.5.5, http://groovy.codehaus.org
------------------------------ Running model...
-------------------------------
java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "C:\Program
Files\uDig\1.1.1\eclipse\jre\bin\r.in.gdal.exe": CreateProcess error=2,
The system cannot find the file specified

Total run time: 4517 ms

--
Dr. Timothy T. Eaton
Assistant Professor

Re: difficulty importing raster DEM with r.in.gdal

Daniele Andreis
Hi Tim,

Have you create a new location ? (If you haven't you can found some information at http://jgrass.wiki.software.bz.it/jgrass/How_to_get_started_with_JGrass)

Then you have to set up the console environment (http://hydrologiclady.blogspot.com/search/label/grassnatives), maybe the problem is in the path of the grass program, usually the path is in \jgrass\grass\bin.

Are you using the last version of JGrass? (you can found at http://dev.fsc.bz.it/download/get_file.php?id=431, windows version)

ciao

2010/1/6 Tim Eaton <[hidden email]>
[...]

Andrea Antonello
Daniele is right in the fact that the path of the grass environment is wrong.
From the log you see that it is searching for the grass executable
here: C:\Program Files\uDig\1.1.1\eclipse\jre\bin\r.in.gdal.exe
which is definitely wrong.

Andrea