diversity-talk: No such list

Sérgio V.

Hi, I've just realized that in the

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Diversity
at the bottom, /Resources,

there's no such link to

If you click there , or search for it, it returns "No such list diversity-talk".

Is it still alive?

Re: diversity-talk: No such list

Andrew Hain
According to the Wayback Machine the last message was posted early in 2015.

--
Andrew

If you click there , or search for it, it returns "No such list diversity-talk".

Is it still alive?

Re: diversity-talk: No such list

Nelson A. de Oliveira
On Sat, Feb 17, 2018 at 7:03 PM, Andrew Hain
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> According to the Wayback Machine the last message was posted early in 2015.

Actually on October 17 https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/diversity-talk

While it's possible to see the archives, it's not possible to see the
list details.

Re: diversity-talk: No such list

ebel
Shame that it's gone. It's nice to be able to contact people in OSM who
are interested in diversity.

GMane, which is a mailing list-to-NNTP service still seems to be still
up and hosting it as a newsgroup, so you can post messages to that
newsgroup.

On 17/02/18 20:56, Sérgio V. wrote:

> Hi, I've just realized that in the
>
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Diversity
> at the bottom, /Resources,
>
> there's no such link to

> If you click there , or search for it, it returns "No such list
> diversity-talk".
>
> Is it still alive?

Re: diversity-talk: No such list

Andrew Hain

Hopefully anyone who revives the topic will find a way to avoid the circumstances of the original lists demise.

--

Andrew

Shame that it's gone. It's nice to be able to contact people in OSM who
are interested in diversity.

GMane, which is a mailing list-to-NNTP service still seems to be still
up and hosting it as a newsgroup, so you can post messages to that
newsgroup.

On 17/02/18 20:56, Sérgio V. wrote:
> Hi, I've just realized that in the
>
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Diversity

> at the bottom, /Resources,
>
> there's no such link to

> If you click there , or search for it, it returns "No such list
> diversity-talk".
>
> Is it still alive?

Re: diversity-talk: No such list

> On 19. Feb 2018, at 10:47, Rory McCann <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Shame that it's gone. It's nice to be able to contact people in OSM who
> are interested in diversity.

yes, it’s a shame.

Btw, the archive is still there, but it isn’t linked from the listinfo page anymore because there’s no active list. Maybe there’s a way it can be linked anyway? After all, it is documentation about previous activities.

Re: diversity-talk: No such list

Kate Chapman-2
I shut down the list because it was not being used and instead I was ending up having to read a bunch of spam.

If someone wants to moderate and admin the list I'm sure it could be brought back.

On Mon, Feb 19, 2018 at 2:53 PM, Martin Koppenhoefer <[hidden email]> wrote:

sent from a phone

> On 19. Feb 2018, at 10:47, Rory McCann <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Shame that it's gone. It's nice to be able to contact people in OSM who
> are interested in diversity.

yes, it’s a shame.

Btw, the archive is still there, but it isn’t linked from the listinfo page anymore because there’s no active list. Maybe there’s a way it can be linked anyway? After all, it is documentation about previous activities.

Re: diversity-talk: No such list

Sérgio V.

Thanks.

What looks weirdest is that it seems it was not a "no nactive list".

The last posts were 3 months ago, 2017, not much, nor 2015.

It seems people were talking and answering each other recently there:

https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/diversity-talk/2017-October/date.html

but being the list out of

sadly this way it's sure other people couldn't have known
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

> On 19. Feb 2018, at 10:47, Rory McCann <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Shame that it's gone. It's nice to be able to contact people in OSM who
> are interested in diversity.

yes, it’s a shame.

Btw, the archive is still there, but it isn’t linked from the listinfo page anymore because there’s no active list. Maybe there’s a way it can be linked anyway? After all, it is documentation about previous activities.

Re: diversity-talk: No such list

> On 20. Feb 2018, at 02:50, Kate Chapman <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> If someone wants to moderate and admin the list I'm sure it could be brought back.

I can admin it, but I don‘t feel I could moderate it. Would that work out, or is moderation a hard requirement?

I’m admin of a local mailing list and, as typical for osm from my experience (save occasionally some English language lists, particularly in connection with board elections), in all those years we only had friendly contributions, so nobody ever felt a need for moderation (AFAIK).

Re: diversity-talk: No such list

Marc Gemis
I know of at least 1 person that got banned from the tagging mailing
list for 2 weeks or so for using inappropriate language.

regards

m.

On Wed, Feb 21, 2018 at 1:48 PM, Martin Koppenhoefer
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> sent from a phone
>
>> On 20. Feb 2018, at 02:50, Kate Chapman <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> If someone wants to moderate and admin the list I'm sure it could be brought back.
>

> I can admin it, but I don‘t feel I could moderate it. Would that work out, or is moderation a hard requirement?
>
> I’m admin of a local mailing list and, as typical for osm from my experience (save occasionally some English language lists, particularly in connection with board elections), in all those years we only had friendly contributions, so nobody ever felt a need for moderation (AFAIK).
>
> Cheers,
> Martin

The diversity-talk@ list is back! [WAS: Re: diversity-talk: No such list]

ebel
Hello all,

I've volunteered to do the admin/modding of the diversity-talk list, so
it has been set up again.

You need to sign up again for now. Maybe it's possible to import an old
membership list, but for now, please re-sign up.

Rory

On 17/02/18 20:56, Sérgio V. wrote:

> Hi, I've just realized that in the
>
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Diversity
> at the bottom, /Resources,
>
> there's no such link to

> If you click there , or search for it, it returns "No such list
> diversity-talk".
>
> Is it still alive?

Re: The diversity-talk@ list is back! [WAS: Re: diversity-talk: No such list]

Sérgio V.

Hi, glad to know this, this is an important topic in OSM ecosystem, as well as in the world, mainly nowadays. Signed, thanks! From Brazil,

Sérgio - http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/smaprs