eclipse target plaftorm for uDig 1.2

ERNANDES, Fabrice

Hi,

To develop my udig embedded application I use the target platform required in the quickstart documentation.

I would like to know how I can add missing plugins in that target, such as eclipse.ui.* plugins to be able to add “consoleView” in my workbench,etc… Do I have to download each missing plugins or is there a more complete eclipse target platform for uDig 1.2 ?

Thanks,

Fabrice

Re: eclipse target plaftorm for uDig 1.2

Andrea Antonello
Hi Fabrice,
you will have to search for and add the plugins on your own.
If your interest is in consoleview and texteditors, you might be
lucky, since for the JGrass project I already did that work.
If they can be of help, please find the plugins properly cleaned up
for udig 1.2 here:
http://gitorious.org/udig/jgrass/trees/master/eclipse-extras/eclipse_extras_1.2.x

ciao
Andrea

On Tue, Sep 28, 2010 at 10:06 AM, ERNANDES, Fabrice
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> To develop my udig embedded application I use the target platform required
> in the quickstart documentation.
>

> I would like to know how I can add missing plugins in that target, such as
> eclipse.ui.* plugins to be able to add “consoleView” in my workbench,etc… Do
> I have to download each missing plugins or is there a more complete eclipse
> target platform for uDig 1.2 ?
>

> Thanks,
>

> Fabrice

Re: eclipse target plaftorm for uDig 1.2

ERNANDES, Fabrice
thanks for you help !  Finally, I chose to import plugin from my eclipse running platform into my workspace, so now I am able to work with console View and udig target platform.

<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> To develop my udig embedded application I use the target platform required
> in the quickstart documentation.
>

> I would like to know how I can add missing plugins in that target, such as
> eclipse.ui.* plugins to be able to add "consoleView" in my workbench,etc. Do
> I have to download each missing plugins or is there a more complete eclipse
> target platform for uDig 1.2 ?
>

> Thanks,
>

> Fabrice

Re: eclipse target plaftorm for uDig 1.2

Andrea Antonello
> thanks for you help !  Finally, I chose to import plugin from my eclipse running platform into my workspace,
> so now I am able to work with console View and udig target platform.

Great, glad to hear that.

Ciao
Andrea

Jody Garnett-2
If you guys have a short list of additional things to include in the SDK we can do so.
Jody

On 28/09/2010, at 7:10 PM, andrea antonello wrote:

>> thanks for you help !  Finally, I chose to import plugin from my eclipse running platform into my workspace,
>> so now I am able to work with console View and udig target platform.
>
> Great, glad to hear that.
>
> Ciao
> Andrea

Hi Jody, I definitely have a small list of plugins, but they are
modified by me manually to remove unwanted actions.

The list would be:
org.eclipse.compare.core
org.eclipse.core.filebuffers
org.eclipse.core.filesystem
org.eclipse.core.resources
org.eclipse.core.resources.compatibility
org.eclipse.ui.console
org.eclipse.ui.editors
org.eclipse.ui.ide
org.eclipse.ui.workbench.texteditor

These give also the possibility to use console and scripting editors.

Would be cool to have them in,
Andrea