error running JOSM

maning sambale
Hi,
First time JOSM user here, I'm using dapper with java jre 1.5 installed.
running josm.jar gives me this error
Failed to load Main-Class manifest attribute from josm.jar

any ideas?

Maning
--
|---------|----------------------------------------------------------|
| __.-._  |"Ohhh. Great warrior. Wars not make one great." -Yoda     |

Re: error running JOSM

maning sambale
Hi,

java --version says I'm using 1.4 I already have 1.5 installed., how
do I switch to 1.5?

Thanks!

Maning

--
|---------|----------------------------------------------------------|
| __.-._  |"Ohhh. Great warrior. Wars not make one great." -Yoda     |
| '-._"7' |"Freedom is still the most radical idea of all" -N.Branden|
|  /'.-c  |Linux registered user #402901, http://counter.li.org/     |
|  |  /T  |http://esambale.wikispaces.com|
| _)_/LI  |http://www.geocities.com/esambale/philbiodivmap/philbirds.html   |
|---------|----------------------------------------------------------|

Re: error running JOSM

Ali Lakrakbi
Hi are you using windows or Linux?

In windows which i am using, I had 1.4 installed i went to java.com
downloaded the new version and I had java 1.5 installed, no need to
make a switch,

But I have some questions:

- Are you sure that you installed version 1.5? Go to Java.com and
install the latest version.
- Was java.exe running while doing the installation? maybe that the
installer were not able to install the version successfully.
- if you are sure that you have both version installed at the same
time. go to search and search for java.exe locate the path and type
the complete path to the new java ( I dont think   that you have both
versions installed at the same time, but you can still try)

In any way a fresh install from java website should resolve your problem.

On 11/25/06, maning sambale <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> java --version says I'm using 1.4 I already have 1.5 installed., how
> do I switch to 1.5?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Maning
>

> On 11/24/06, Immanuel Scholz <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > > I'm using dapper with java jre 1.5 installed. running josm.jar gives me
> > > this error
> > > Failed to load Main-Class manifest attribute from josm.jar
> > >
> > > any ideas?
> >
> > How did you start JOSM? Should be something like:
> >
> > java -jar josm.jar
> >

> > and what is your exact output of
> >
> > java -version
> >

> > You can manually check for the manifest by doing
> >
> > jar xf josm.jar META-INF/MANIFEST.MF
> > cat META-INF/MANIFEST.MF | grep -i main-class
> >
> > and look whether the main-class in question is there (should be something
> > like "Main-class: org.openstreetmap.josm.gui.MainApplication").
> >
> > Ciao, Imi
> >

> --
> |---------|----------------------------------------------------------|
> | __.-._  |"Ohhh. Great warrior. Wars not make one great." -Yoda     |
> | '-._"7' |"Freedom is still the most radical idea of all" -N.Branden|
> |  /'.-c  |Linux registered user #402901, http://counter.li.org/     |
> |  |  /T  |http://esambale.wikispaces.com|
> | _)_/LI  |http://www.geocities.com/esambale/philbiodivmap/philbirds.html   |
> |---------|----------------------------------------------------------|

Re: error running JOSM

maning sambale
its Ubuntu Dapper both 1.4 & 1.5 are installed via apt-get

|---------|----------------------------------------------------------|
| __.-._  |"Ohhh. Great warrior. Wars not make one great." -Yoda     |
| '-._"7' |"Freedom is still the most radical idea of all" -N.Branden|
|  /'.-c  |Linux registered user #402901, http://counter.li.org/     |
|  |  /T  |http://esambale.wikispaces.com|
| _)_/LI  |http://www.geocities.com/esambale/philbiodivmap/philbirds.html   |
|---------|----------------------------------------------------------|

Re: error running JOSM

Immanuel Scholz

> its Ubuntu Dapper both 1.4 & 1.5 are installed via apt-get

update-alternative --all

and choose 5.0 over 1.4 for everything that smells after java.

Ciao, Imi

Re: error running JOSM

maning sambale
> sudo update-java-alternatives -s java-1.5.0-sun
Yes, discovered it by googling.  I'm starting to edits a few tracks I made.
I don't have a GPS unit (I sometimes borrow from a friend, would love
to buy one but capacity right now is too tight) but will be willing to
edit tracks contributed in the Philippines.  If there are Pinoy osm
users you can contact me here so we can collaborate.

Cheers,
Maning

--