extended & routable types at different resolutions

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

extended & routable types at different resolutions

nwillink
Hi All

I noticed default style uses extended types for roundabouts  with a matching
routable line. However
extended lines are plotted starting at a lower resolution, ie

Resolution 24
junction=roundabout & (highway=trunk | highway=trunk_link) [0x0c
road_class=4 road_speed=2 resolution 24 continue]
Resoiution 18
junction=roundabout & (highway=trunk | highway=trunk_link) [0x10801
resolution 18]

In this case it does not seem to matter if 0x0c starts at resolution 24
rather than 18, or does it?

Can we presume that all  routable lines only require resolution 24 , ie

a) highway=motorway [0x100 resolution 16-20 continue] # thinnest  line
b) highway=motorway [0x101 resolution 21-23 continue] # thinner line
c) highway=motorway [0x01 road_class=4 road_speed=7 resolution 24] # default
line

Will this affect routing across tiles ?

At the moment I'm adding a transparent routable line to  a & b ie

a) highway=motorway [0x100 resolution 16-20 continue] # thinnest  line
 highway=motorway [0x17  road_class=4 road_speed=7 resolution 16-20
continue]
b) highway=motorway [0x101 resolution 21-23 continue] # thinner line
 highway=motorway [0x17 road_class=4 road_speed=7 resolution 21-23 continue]

Any ideas?

Thanks

Nick






--
Sent from: http://gis.19327.n8.nabble.com/Mkgmap-Development-f5324443.html
_______________________________________________
mkgmap-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
http://www.mkgmap.org.uk/mailman/listinfo/mkgmap-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: extended & routable types at different resolutions

Ticker Berkin
Hi

Not an answer to your question, but maybe relevant:

The default style has, in "options":
levels = 0:24, 1:22, 2:20, 3:18

My reading of the "Style Conversion Manual" says that elements with
a resolution between the levels are included in the higher res/lower
level map; ie. elements with [resolution xx-23] go into the level 0
map.

So, according to this, you will be getting 2 lines on top of each other
at the most detailed level.

If this isn't the case, the manual should be clarified.

Regard
Ticker

On Thu, 2019-09-19 at 00:31 -0700, nwillink wrote:

> Hi All
>
> I noticed default style uses extended types for roundabouts  with a
> matching
> routable line. However
> extended lines are plotted starting at a lower resolution, ie
>
> Resolution 24
> junction=roundabout & (highway=trunk | highway=trunk_link) [0x0c
> road_class=4 road_speed=2 resolution 24 continue]
> Resoiution 18
> junction=roundabout & (highway=trunk | highway=trunk_link) [0x10801
> resolution 18]
>
> In this case it does not seem to matter if 0x0c starts at resolution
> 24
> rather than 18, or does it?
>
> Can we presume that all  routable lines only require resolution 24 ,
> ie
>
> a) highway=motorway [0x100 resolution 16-20 continue] # thinnest
>  line
> b) highway=motorway [0x101 resolution 21-23 continue] # thinner line
> c) highway=motorway [0x01 road_class=4 road_speed=7 resolution 24] #
> default
> line
>
> Will this affect routing across tiles ?
>
> At the moment I'm adding a transparent routable line to  a & b ie
>
> a) highway=motorway [0x100 resolution 16-20 continue] # thinnest
>  line
>  highway=motorway [0x17  road_class=4 road_speed=7 resolution 16-20
> continue]
> b) highway=motorway [0x101 resolution 21-23 continue] # thinner line
>  highway=motorway [0x17 road_class=4 road_speed=7 resolution 21-23
> continue]
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks
>
> Nick
>
>
>
>
>
>
> --
> Sent from:
> http://gis.19327.n8.nabble.com/Mkgmap-Development-f5324443.html
> _______________________________________________
> mkgmap-dev mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://www.mkgmap.org.uk/mailman/listinfo/mkgmap-dev
_______________________________________________
mkgmap-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
http://www.mkgmap.org.uk/mailman/listinfo/mkgmap-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: extended & routable types at different resolutions

Felix Hartmann-2
Routing is only in resolution 24. If you put that information into other resolution it is ignored.

On Thu, 19 Sep 2019 at 11:51, Ticker Berkin <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi

Not an answer to your question, but maybe relevant:

The default style has, in "options":
levels = 0:24, 1:22, 2:20, 3:18

My reading of the "Style Conversion Manual" says that elements with
a resolution between the levels are included in the higher res/lower
level map; ie. elements with [resolution xx-23] go into the level 0
map.

So, according to this, you will be getting 2 lines on top of each other
at the most detailed level.

If this isn't the case, the manual should be clarified.

Regard
Ticker

On Thu, 2019-09-19 at 00:31 -0700, nwillink wrote:
> Hi All
>
> I noticed default style uses extended types for roundabouts  with a
> matching
> routable line. However
> extended lines are plotted starting at a lower resolution, ie
>
> Resolution 24
> junction=roundabout & (highway=trunk | highway=trunk_link) [0x0c
> road_class=4 road_speed=2 resolution 24 continue]
> Resoiution 18
> junction=roundabout & (highway=trunk | highway=trunk_link) [0x10801
> resolution 18]
>
> In this case it does not seem to matter if 0x0c starts at resolution
> 24
> rather than 18, or does it?
>
> Can we presume that all  routable lines only require resolution 24 ,
> ie
>
> a) highway=motorway [0x100 resolution 16-20 continue] # thinnest
>  line
> b) highway=motorway [0x101 resolution 21-23 continue] # thinner line
> c) highway=motorway [0x01 road_class=4 road_speed=7 resolution 24] #
> default
> line
>
> Will this affect routing across tiles ?
>
> At the moment I'm adding a transparent routable line to  a & b ie
>
> a) highway=motorway [0x100 resolution 16-20 continue] # thinnest
>  line
>  highway=motorway [0x17  road_class=4 road_speed=7 resolution 16-20
> continue]
> b) highway=motorway [0x101 resolution 21-23 continue] # thinner line
>  highway=motorway [0x17 road_class=4 road_speed=7 resolution 21-23
> continue]
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks
>
> Nick
>
>
>
>
>
>
> --
> Sent from:
> http://gis.19327.n8.nabble.com/Mkgmap-Development-f5324443.html
> _______________________________________________
> mkgmap-dev mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://www.mkgmap.org.uk/mailman/listinfo/mkgmap-dev
_______________________________________________
mkgmap-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
http://www.mkgmap.org.uk/mailman/listinfo/mkgmap-dev


--
Felix Hartman - Openmtbmap.org & VeloMap.org
Schusterbergweg 32/8
6020 Innsbruck
Austria - Österreich

_______________________________________________
mkgmap-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
http://www.mkgmap.org.uk/mailman/listinfo/mkgmap-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: extended & routable types at different resolutions

nwillink
In reply to this post by nwillink
Thanks Felix
 
Never knew that !

Nick



--
Sent from: http://gis.19327.n8.nabble.com/Mkgmap-Development-f5324443.html
_______________________________________________
mkgmap-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
http://www.mkgmap.org.uk/mailman/listinfo/mkgmap-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: extended & routable types at different resolutions

Ralf Kleineisel
In reply to this post by Felix Hartmann-2
On 9/19/19 12:13 PM, Felix Hartmann wrote:

> Routing is only in resolution 24. If you put that information into other
> resolution it is ignored.

But this does not mean that all routing lines have to be "resolution 24"
in the style's line file. In my own style e.g. highway=motorway has
"level 7" which corresponds to "resolution 14".
_______________________________________________
mkgmap-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
http://www.mkgmap.org.uk/mailman/listinfo/mkgmap-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: extended & routable types at different resolutions

Felix Hartmann-2
well but motorway will then also have to be in resolution 24 as well - I don't know of a way that makes it possible to use routing without a line so to say. You can put routing onto an invisible line via .typ-file - but the routing information has to be on resolution 24. If you have the line level 7 - or resolution 14 - the line is put into all levels that are lower (or higher for resolution) - but the routing bits are only attached to resolution 24.

so a line - highway=motorway [0x13 road_class=4 road_speed=7 resolution 14-14 continue]
the routing bits are ignored (or maybe mkgmap throws an error - I don't know).

while highway=motorway [0x13 road_class=4 road_speed=7 resolution 14]
is identical to writing
highway=motorway [0x13 road_class=4 road_speed=7 resolution 14-24]  

Garmin city navigator map has routing on resolution 23 - but the maps have no resolution 24. Mkgmap cannot do this AFAIK.

If real invisible routing would be possible without using invisible line in .typ-file - please tell us how!

On Thu, 19 Sep 2019 at 12:59, Ralf Kleineisel <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 9/19/19 12:13 PM, Felix Hartmann wrote:

> Routing is only in resolution 24. If you put that information into other
> resolution it is ignored.

But this does not mean that all routing lines have to be "resolution 24"
in the style's line file. In my own style e.g. highway=motorway has
"level 7" which corresponds to "resolution 14".
_______________________________________________
mkgmap-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
http://www.mkgmap.org.uk/mailman/listinfo/mkgmap-dev


--
Felix Hartman - Openmtbmap.org & VeloMap.org
Schusterbergweg 32/8
6020 Innsbruck
Austria - Österreich

_______________________________________________
mkgmap-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
http://www.mkgmap.org.uk/mailman/listinfo/mkgmap-dev