extra-used-tags

Chris66
Hi,

what is the line

extra-used-tags= name hello world

in the options file good for?

I can't find a documentation for this option.

Chris

Re: extra-used-tags

Gerd Petermann
Hi,

normally mkgmap removes all tags that are not needed for the resulting files.
The parameter extra-used-tags tells mkgmap to keep these tags even if it doesn't detect that a rule uses it. I don't know any case were this is needed, I guess it was left for testing.

Gerd

Chris66 wrote
Hi,

what is the line

extra-used-tags= name hello world

in the options file good for?

I can't find a documentation for this option.

Chris

Re: extra-used-tags

Thorsten Kukuk
On Sun, Mar 18, GerdP wrote:

> Hi,
>
> normally mkgmap removes all tags that are not needed for the resulting
> files.
> The parameter extra-used-tags tells mkgmap to keep these tags even if it
> doesn't detect that a rule uses it. I don't know any case were this is
> needed, I guess it was left for testing.

There was a mail thread here that this could be needed for the
marine style, if it would support wildcards.

  Thorsten

> Chris66 wrote
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > what is the line
> >
> > extra-used-tags= name hello world
> >
> > in the options file good for?
> >
> > I can't find a documentation for this option.
> >
> > Chris

GF: Jeff Hawn, Jennifer Guild, Felix Imend├Ârffer, HRB 16746 (AG N├╝rnberg)