features not deleted

Andrea Antonello
I have a problem when trying to remove selected features from a
shapefile sometimes.

I opened a ticket with the solution in it:
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/UDIG-1665

If someone could review quickly I would be glad to close it as we talk.

Thanks,
Andrea

Re: features not deleted

Jody Garnett-2
What you describe sounds correct; implementation of resolve should do what you say.
What does it do now?

Jody

On 25/05/2010, at 6:55 PM, andrea antonello wrote:

I have a problem when trying to remove selected features from a
shapefile sometimes.

I opened a ticket with the solution in it:
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/UDIG-1665

If someone could review quickly I would be glad to close it as we talk.

Thanks,
Andrea

Re: features not deleted

Andrea Antonello
Hi Jody,
it removes the features as requested.... but... it doesn't refresh the
screen. So I have to hit refresh to view that they are removed.

Andrea

On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 11:29 AM, Jody Garnett <[hidden email]> wrote:

> What you describe sounds correct; implementation of resolve should do what
> you say.
> What does it do now?
> Jody
> On 25/05/2010, at 6:55 PM, andrea antonello wrote:
>
> I have a problem when trying to remove selected features from a
> shapefile sometimes.
>
> I opened a ticket with the solution in it:
> http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/UDIG-1665
>
> If someone could review quickly I would be glad to close it as we talk.
>
> Thanks,
> Andrea

Re: features not deleted

Jody Garnett-2
I see the code you are talking about; and I think we need to tag in Jesse for a moment.

Resolving directly to something as you indicate would work - but would not allow the "layer interceptors" to do their job.
These layer interceptors have the job of:
- Making sure the transaction is set up as provided by the EditManager
- Caching the resuling FeatureStore so we only have one instance and not a new instance every time
- and ....

So the next couple of lines is where the resolve magic occurs:

        T resource = processResourceCachingStrategy(monitor, adaptee);
        if (resource == null)
            return null;
        resource = processPostResourceInterceptors(resource, adaptee);
        return resource;

Now there is a chance I messed things up as I was working on layer interceptors a bit in 1.2-RC3. Mostly I worked on documentation and added the "CacheLayerInterceptor".

Jody

On 25/05/2010, at 7:44 PM, andrea antonello wrote:

[...]

Yep Jody, I think you are right, because the map is also not set to
dirty. So something is missing here.

Hmmmm
Andrea

On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 2:08 PM, Jody Garnett <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I see the code you are talking about; and I think we need to tag in Jesse
> for a moment.
> Resolving directly to something as you indicate would work - but would not
> allow the "layer interceptors" to do their job.
> These layer interceptors have the job of:
> - Making sure the transaction is set up as provided by the EditManager
> - Caching the resuling FeatureStore so we only have one instance and not a
> new instance every time
> - and ....
> So the next couple of lines is where the resolve magic occurs:
>         T resource = processResourceCachingStrategy(monitor, adaptee);
>         if (resource == null)
>             return null;
>         resource = processPostResourceInterceptors(resource, adaptee);
>         return resource;
> Now there is a chance I messed things up as I was working on layer
> interceptors a bit in 1.2-RC3. Mostly I worked on documentation and added
> the "CacheLayerInterceptor".
> Jody
>
> On 25/05/2010, at 7:44 PM, andrea antonello wrote:
>
> Hi Jody,
> it removes the features as requested.... but... it doesn't refresh the
> screen. So I have to hit refresh to view that they are removed.
>
> Andrea
>

> On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 11:29 AM, Jody Garnett <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> What you describe sounds correct; implementation of resolve should do what
>
> you say.
>
> What does it do now?
>
> Jody
>
> On 25/05/2010, at 6:55 PM, andrea antonello wrote:
>
> I have a problem when trying to remove selected features from a
>
> shapefile sometimes.
>
> I opened a ticket with the solution in it:
>
> http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/UDIG-1665
>
> If someone could review quickly I would be glad to close it as we talk.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Andrea

Re: features not deleted

Jody Garnett-2
I am out this evening; can you grab jesse for a code review when you see him.
Jody