fictional buildings in Borno Nigeria

maning sambale
Hi,

I noticed weird looking buildings over here:

https://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/69186137#map=15/12.3533/13.1434

The changeset mentioned #hotosm-project-5700
Perhaps project creators can help this new mapper?

--
cheers,
maning

Re: fictional buildings in Borno Nigeria

Geoffrey Kateregga
Hi Maning,

Thanks for catching this, these are really very weird looking buildings.

I am reaching out to OSM Nigeria to talk to the mapper if they know the person.

Regards,
Geoffrey

On Wed, Apr 17, 2019 at 4:43 PM maning sambale <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I noticed weird looking buildings over here:

https://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/69186137#map=15/12.3533/13.1434

The changeset mentioned #hotosm-project-5700
Perhaps project creators can help this new mapper?

--
cheers,
maning

Geoffrey Kateregga
GIS ​Officer ​& Community Programs Assistant
Mobile: +256 703 813 228
Skype: geoffrey5142

Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team
Using OpenStreetMap
for Humanitarian Response
& Economic Development

Re: fictional buildings in Borno Nigeria

Humanitarian OpenStreetMap (HOT) mailing list
Hi Maning,

Thanks for pointing out these edits.  I have also noticed strange edits taking place in Nigeria and am working to address them.  These particular edits have added "#USAID", "#YouthMappers", and "#FSUGeoMentors" in the change comments, but they are not in the original project change comments.  I can confidently say this IS NOT a USAID project and I am unaware of a FSUGeoMentors YouthMappers chapter.

I'll let you know what I'm able to find out.

Thanks,
Chad

On Wed, Apr 17, 2019 at 9:43 AM maning sambale <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I noticed weird looking buildings over here:

https://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/69186137#map=15/12.3533/13.1434

The changeset mentioned #hotosm-project-5700
Perhaps project creators can help this new mapper?

--
cheers,
maning

Chad Blevins
GeoCenter
U.S. Global Development Lab
USAID
(w) 202-712-0464 (c) 703-725-7697

Re: fictional buildings in Borno Nigeria

Victor Sunday
Dear All,
Thanks for that,we do not have the mapper in Nigeria. From the hash..the mapper is identified to FSU GeoMentors YouthMappers Chapter.
And we do not have such local community in Nigeria.
I am sure, we can track through Youthmappers mail list and the director of Youthmappers:Assoc.Prof Patricia Solis.

We are already dealing with the one recently identified by WiseMan linked to a mapper in Nigeria.

Let's do well to track and stop this enthusiastic mapper too,till he/she gets proper training.
Thanks
Victor
OSMNigeria Coordinator