french osm-fr overpass-api server

marc marc
Hello,

the new osm-fr overpass-api server is running.
it is accessible in http and https
world coverage
v0.7.54
attic: no
8 cpu
16 G ram
SSD

we took the opportunity to make the url lighter
overpass.openstreetmap.fr/api

there are some details to refine and some wiki pages to update.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank
- Sylvain for these years spent maintaining the old server
- Rodolphe who made 99% of the work of installation of the new server
- Jocelyn too often forgotten
- dev without which this server would not exist

PS: v0.6-api proxy function is NOT reinstalled at this time,
we will see this later. express yourself if you use it.

Regards,
Marc

Re: french osm-fr overpass-api server

Antoine Riche
This is great news and thanks for this work !

This ought to be documented on https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Overpass_API. I would do it but maybe you want to check/change the usage policy, which currently states "1000 queries per day by project" : is that still valid ? Let me know if you wish me to upate the wiki.

I noticed one glitch when using the URL in Overpass Turbo : exporting the request doesn't work : no string seems to be produced.

Cheers,
Antoine.

Le 08/09/2017 à 13:08, marc marc a écrit :
[...]

Avast logo

Re: french osm-fr overpass-api server

sly (sylvain letuffe)
Hello,

Thanks a lot guys for taking over the maintenance of this alternative public
overpass instance.

I'm sure it is positive to have more independent overpass endpoints for load
sharing and global troubleshooting.

Nice work.

ps: will help update wiki pages to reflect the new changes

--
sly, direct contact : [hidden email]
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/User:Sletuffe
sly, contact direct : sylvain /a\ letuffe o r g

Le 08. 09. 17 à 14:14, Antoine Riche a écrit :
> maybe you want to check/change the usage policy, which currently
> states "1000 queries per day by project" : is that still valid ?

I don't know how this limit was set. If it depends on the capacity of
the server, perhaps it will be necessary to modify it. but it is likely
that the limit describes an arbitrary limit from which a project is
large enough to use own resources.
I asked the question about the tech osm-fr mailing.
Currently, nothing changes with the limit.

 > I noticed one glitch when using the URL in Overpass Turbo :
 > exporting the request doesn't work : no string seems to be produced.

do you think it is a bug located at "overpass-api server" or
"overpass-turbo server" ?

Le 08. 09. 17 à 14:35, sly (sylvain letuffe) a écrit :
 > ps: will help update wiki pages to reflect the new changes
Thanks.

Regards,
Marc

Le 12/09/2017 à 12:30, marc marc a écrit :
 > I noticed one glitch when using the URL in Overpass Turbo :
 > exporting the request doesn't work : no string seems to be produced.

do you think it is a bug located at "overpass-api server" or
"overpass-turbo server" ?

I can't tell. I would have tried to investigate however //overpass.openstreetmap.fr/api/ doesn't seem to respond at the moment : 502 Bad Gateway

Antoine.

Garanti sans virus. www.avast.com

Le 12. 09. 17 à 20:07, Antoine Riche a écrit :

> however
> //overpass.openstreetmap.fr/api/ doesn't seem to respond at the moment :
> 502 Bad Gateway

Thanks, we are working on it.