gpx track upload

frank mohr
i uploaded my first tracks last night, but noticed that they where
stored as points.

http://www.openstreetmap.org/edit/viewMap.jsp?lat=49.85973&lon=8.573323511659808&scale=8.77914951989026E-5

Is there any way to keep the tracks as lines?
(they where already split to street level and named)

frank

Re: gpx track upload

stevec-4
* @ 27/07/05 08:51:29 AM [hidden email] wrote:
> i uploaded my first tracks last night, but noticed that they where
> stored as points.
>
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/edit/viewMap.jsp?lat=49.85973&lon=8.573323511659808&scale=8.77914951989026E-5
>
> Is there any way to keep the tracks as lines?
> (they where already split to street level and named)

Currently metadata is thrown away :-(

It's planned not to :-)

have fun,

SteveC [hidden email] http://www.fractalus.com/steve/

Re: gpx track upload

frank mohr
SteveC wrote:

> * @ 27/07/05 08:51:29 AM [hidden email] wrote:
>
>>i uploaded my first tracks last night, but noticed that they where
>>stored as points.
>>
>>http://www.openstreetmap.org/edit/viewMap.jsp?lat=49.85973&lon=8.573323511659808&scale=8.77914951989026E-5
>>
>>Is there any way to keep the tracks as lines?
>>(they where already split to street level and named)
>

> Currently metadata is thrown away :-(
>
> It's planned not to :-)
>
> have fun,
>
> SteveC [hidden email] http://www.fractalus.com/steve/

i'm having a look at the RPC::XML modules for perl this evening

as i understand the osmServerHandler javadoc,
it should be possible to upload the tracks as lines with all
the metadata

frank

Re: gpx track upload

Schuyler Erle
* On 27-Jul-2005 at  1:22PM PDT, Frank Mohr said:
> i'm having a look at the RPC::XML modules for perl this evening
>
> as i understand the osmServerHandler javadoc,
> it should be possible to upload the tracks as lines with all
> the metadata

You also might have a look at the XMLRPC::Lite module.

SDE

Re: gpx track upload

frank mohr
Schuyler Erle wrote:

> * On 27-Jul-2005 at  1:22PM PDT, Frank Mohr said:
>
>>i'm having a look at the RPC::XML modules for perl this evening
>>
>>as i understand the osmServerHandler javadoc,
>>it should be possible to upload the tracks as lines with all
>>the metadata
>

> You also might have a look at the XMLRPC::Lite module.

XMLRPC::Lite seems to be a bit too lite

I tried getAllKeys, getPoints and getNodes, but the module didn't
handle boolean and double as expected.

49.0, 8.0, 50.0, 9.0 gave me a error
java.lang.NoSuchMethodException:
org.openstreetmap.server.osmServerHandler.getPoints(java.lang.String,
int, int, int, int)'
while 49.1, 8.1, 50.1, 9.1 worked
(at least no error but also no usable result)

RPC::XML provides data type converters .. so i gonna try this tomorow

frank

Re: gpx track upload

Richard Fairhurst
On 28 Jul 2005, at 00:21, Frank Mohr wrote:

> XMLRPC::Lite seems to be a bit too lite
>
> I tried getAllKeys, getPoints and getNodes, but the module didn't
> handle boolean and double as expected.
>
> 49.0, 8.0, 50.0, 9.0 gave me a error
> java.lang.NoSuchMethodException:
> org.openstreetmap.server.osmServerHandler.getPoints(java.lang.String,
> int, int, int, int)'
> while 49.1, 8.1, 50.1, 9.1 worked
> (at least no error but also no usable result)

I had a bunch of similar trouble with XMLRPC::Lite at the weekend, but
eventually got it working... mostly.

This worked for getNodes:

@method = ('openstreetmap.getNodes',(
XMLRPC::Data->type(string =>$token),
XMLRPC::Data->type(double =>51.5), # north
XMLRPC::Data->type(double =>0 ), # west
XMLRPC::Data->type(double =>50), # south
XMLRPC::Data->type(double =>.5))); # east
@nodelist = XMLRPC::Lite -> proxy($url) -> call(@method) -> result();

For getLines, I had all sorts of trouble trying to get XMLRPC::Lite to
recognise an array. Eventually I gave up and fed it some handcoded XML
as follows:

foreach $node (@recvdnodes) {

@method = ('openstreetmap.getLines',(
XMLRPC::Data->type(string=>$token),
XMLRPC::Data->type(xml   =>$xml_content)));
@linelist = XMLRPC::Lite -> proxy($url) -> call(@method) -> result();

Looking forward to the RESTful interface which should make life easier.
:)

cheers
Richard

Re: gpx track upload

Paul Makepeace-2
Je 2005-07-28 09:18:14 +0100, Richard Fairhurst skribis:
> I had a bunch of similar trouble with XMLRPC::Lite at the weekend, but
> eventually got it working... mostly.

I would simply use RPC::XML. There are a few gotchas if you get deep
into it (I've submitted patches for a few), and a moderate RTFM to begin
with, but it works well and reliably IME:

  my $client = RPC::XML::Client->new($xmlrpc_uri);
  $client->compress_requests(1);
  my @data = (
        LOCATE_X => 529788,
        LOCATE_Y => 181557,
        LOCATE_RANGE => 20,
  );
  my $req = RPC::XML::request->new('server.method' => @data);
  #print $req->as_string, "\n";
  my $resp = $client->send_request($req);
  my ($code, $result) = @{$resp->value};
  if ($code == 0) {
    print "success: ", Dumper($result), "\n";
  } else {
    print "failed: $code\n";
  }

One of the gotchas was the server I was contacting wanted everything as
a string rather than say integer which RPC::XML would otherwise deduce.
This meant using writing wrappers that used stuff like,
   sub str { RPC::XML::string->new(shift) }

Happy to help out if this isn't enough to get going -

Paul Makepeace .............................. http://paulm.com/inchoate/

"What is I? Use your imagination ;)."
   -- http://paulm.com/toys/surrealism/