grass { r.shaded.relief.bat map=demED50 shadedmap=rilievoOmbreggiato2 altitude=30 azimuth=270 zmult=1 scale=1 units=meters }

grass { r.shaded.relief.bat map=demED50 shadedmap=rilievoOmbreggiato2 altitude=30 azimuth=270 zmult=1 scale=1 units=meters }

iomeneandrei
Hi all,
I'm trying to use r.shaded.relief inside jgrass console, but it's not an exe file (I'm in windows) and probably I must add some parameters to run it properly.
Some advice?

Thank you,

Andrea
Andrea Borruso

email: aborruso@tin.it
website: http://blog.spaziogis.it
my 2.0 life: http://aborruso.spaziogis.it
feed: http://feeds2.feedburner.com/Tanto
38° 7' 48" N, 13° 21' 9" E

Re: grass { r.shaded.relief.bat map=demED50 shadedmap=rilievoOmbreggiato2 altitude=30 azimuth=270 zmult=1 scale=1 units=meters }

Andrea Antonello
Ciao Andrea,
sorry for being such late, I am busy these day and forget things sometimes.

> I'm trying to use r.shaded.relief inside jgrass console, but it's not an exe
> file (I'm windows) and probably I must add some parameters to run it
> properly.
> Some advice?

I knew this would have been a problem at some point. I soon have to
test things heavily on windows, so at that point I will be more
precise for sure.
We hat some issues with scripts before and had no time to solve them.

If you want a quickly try, I would suggest you to put the name
r.shaded.relief.bat in the list of nativemodels.xml in the rt folder
(the one you supply in the console preferences).
Relaunch JGrass, try it out and (here I'm praying for you and also for
me :)) let us know what happens.

Ciao
Andrea

> Thank you,
>
> Andrea
>
> -----
> Andrea Borruso

> email: [hidden email]
> blog: http://blog.spaziogis.it
> View this message in context: http://n2.nabble.com/grass-%7B-r.shaded.relief.bat-map%3DdemED50-shadedmap%3DrilievoOmbreggiato2-altitude%3D30-azimuth%3D270-zmult%3D1-scale%3D1-units%3Dmeters-%7D-tp823000p823000.html
> Sent from the JGrass-devel -- Developer list for jgrass mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

Re: grass { r.shaded.relief.bat map=demED50 shadedmap=rilievoOmbreggiato2 altitude=30 azimuth=270 zmult=1 scale=1 units=meters }

iomeneandrei
Ciao Andrea,

Andrea Antonello wrote
If you want a quickly try, I would suggest you to put the name
r.shaded.relief.bat in the list of nativemodels.xml in the rt folder
(the one you supply in the console preferences).
Relaunch JGrass, try it out and (here I'm praying for you and also for
me :)) let us know what happens.
I have tried but it's impossible to run it :-(

What do you think about??

Ciao e grazie,

38° 7' 48" N, 13° 21' 9" E

Re: grass { r.shaded.relief.bat map=demED50 shadedmap=rilievoOmbreggiato2 altitude=30 azimuth=270 zmult=1 scale=1 units=meters }

Andrea Antonello
>> If you want a quickly try, I would suggest you to put the name
>> r.shaded.relief.bat in the list of nativemodels.xml in the rt folder
>> (the one you supply in the console preferences).
>> Relaunch JGrass, try it out and (here I'm praying for you and also for
>> me :)) let us know what happens.
>>

> I have tried but it's impossible to run it :-(
>
> What do you think about??

Hei, usually yo supply me with some more info :)

Did it launch the script but didn't find the path to the internal commands?
Wasn't it able to execute it?
Did it throw an error?

Ciao
Andrea

> Ciao e grazie,

> -----
> Andrea Borruso

> email: [hidden email]
> blog: http://blog.spaziogis.it
> View this message in context: http://n2.nabble.com/grass-%7B-r.shaded.relief.bat-map%3DdemED50-shadedmap%3DrilievoOmbreggiato2-altitude%3D30-azimuth%3D270-zmult%3D1-scale%3D1-units%3Dmeters-%7D-tp823000p836752.html
> Sent from the JGrass-devel -- Developer list for jgrass mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

Re: grass { r.shaded.relief.bat map=demED50 shadedmap=rilievoOmbreggiato2 altitude=30 azimuth=270 zmult=1 scale=1 units=meters }

iomeneandrei
Ciao Andrea,
Andrea Antonello wrote
Hei, usually yo supply me with some more info :)
you are right  ;-)

I opened nativegrass.xml I have in my folder and I have just
<command name="r.shaded.relief.bat"/>

Then I try to run this:
grass {
r.shaded.relief.bat map=DEM shadedmap=rilievoOmbreggiato altitude=30 azimuth=270 zmult=1 scale=1 units=meters
}

I have this output:
"""" non Š riconosciuto come comando interno o esterno,
 un programma eseguibile o un file batch.
r.shaded.relief.bat : exit code: 1

This is the same error I have if I try to run r.shaded.relief.bat from a DOS shell. It seems to be necessary to set some envirnoment variable, but I'm not able to solve this problem.

38° 7' 48" N, 13° 21' 9" E

Re: grass { r.shaded.relief.bat map=demED50 shadedmap=rilievoOmbreggiato2 altitude=30 azimuth=270 zmult=1 scale=1 units=meters }

Andrea Antonello
Ciao Andrea,

>> Hei, usually yo supply me with some more info :)
>>
> you are right  ;-)
>
> I opened nativegrass.xml I have in my folder and I have just
> <command name="r.shaded.relief.bat"/>
>
> Then I try to run this:
> grass {
> r.shaded.relief.bat map=DEM shadedmap=rilievoOmbreggiato altitude=30
> azimuth=270 zmult=1 scale=1 units=meters
> }
>
> I have this output:
> """" non Š riconosciuto come comando interno o esterno,
>  un programma eseguibile o un file batch.
> r.shaded.relief.bat : exit code: 1
>
> This is the same error I have if I try to run r.shaded.relief.bat from a DOS
> shell. It seems to be necessary to set some envirnoment variable, but I'm
> not able to solve this problem.

JGrass sets all the needed variables, so I'm not sure about why it doesn't work.

However today in the afternoon I should be able to test the new
package on a windows machine. I'll let you know if I can find
something.

Ciao
Andrea

> Grazie,
>
> Andrea
>

> -----
> Andrea Borruso

> email: [hidden email]
> blog: http://blog.spaziogis.it
> View this message in context: http://n2.nabble.com/grass-%7B-r.shaded.relief.bat-map%3DdemED50-shadedmap%3DrilievoOmbreggiato2-altitude%3D30-azimuth%3D270-zmult%3D1-scale%3D1-units%3Dmeters-%7D-tp823000p838254.html
> Sent from the JGrass-devel -- Developer list for jgrass mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

Re: grass { r.shaded.relief.bat map=demED50 shadedmap=rilievoOmbreggiato2 altitude=30 azimuth=270 zmult=1 scale=1 units=meters }

iomeneandrei
Ciao Andrea,
Andrea Antonello wrote
However today in the afternoon I should be able to test the new
package on a windows machine. I'll let you know if I can find
something.
do you have the time to make that test? Sorry for the insistence, and please delete this email if you do not hava had the time.

Grazie e scusami,

38° 7' 48" N, 13° 21' 9" E

Re: grass { r.shaded.relief.bat map=demED50 shadedmap=rilievoOmbreggiato2 altitude=30 azimuth=270 zmult=1 scale=1 units=meters }

Andrea Antonello
Hi Andrea,
in the end I had to fight with other problems, so I couldn't check that one.

Sorry about that, but this will have to wait until I come back in one week.

Ciao
Andrea

On Thu, Sep 4, 2008 at 10:09 AM, iomeneandrei <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Ciao Andrea,
>
> Andrea Antonello wrote:
>>
>> Hei, usually yo supply me with some more info :)
>>
> you are right  ;-)
>
> I opened nativegrass.xml I have in my folder and I have just
> <command name="r.shaded.relief.bat"/>
>
> Then I try to run this:
> grass {
> r.shaded.relief.bat map=DEM shadedmap=rilievoOmbreggiato altitude=30
> azimuth=270 zmult=1 scale=1 units=meters
> }
>
> I have this output:
> """" non Š riconosciuto come comando interno o esterno,
>  un programma eseguibile o un file batch.
> r.shaded.relief.bat : exit code: 1
>
> This is the same error I have if I try to run r.shaded.relief.bat from a DOS
> shell. It seems to be necessary to set some envirnoment variable, but I'm
> not able to solve this problem.
>
> Grazie,
>
> Andrea
>

> -----
> Andrea Borruso

> email: [hidden email]
> blog: http://blog.spaziogis.it
> View this message in context: http://n2.nabble.com/grass-%7B-r.shaded.relief.bat-map%3DdemED50-shadedmap%3DrilievoOmbreggiato2-altitude%3D30-azimuth%3D270-zmult%3D1-scale%3D1-units%3Dmeters-%7D-tp823000p838254.html
> Sent from the JGrass-devel -- Developer list for jgrass mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

Re: grass { r.shaded.relief.bat map=demED50 shadedmap=rilievoOmbreggiato2 altitude=30 azimuth=270 zmult=1 scale=1 units=meters }

iomeneandrei
Ciao Andrea,
Andrea Antonello wrote
However today in the afternoon I should be able to test the new
package on a windows machine. I'll let you know if I can find
something.
only to inform you that I'm not able to run "r.shaded.relief.bat" using JGrass console also in JGrass foss4g 2008 version.

Have a nice day  ;-)

38° 7' 48" N, 13° 21' 9" E

Re: grass { r.shaded.relief.bat map=demED50 shadedmap=rilievoOmbreggiato2 altitude=30 azimuth=270 zmult=1 scale=1 units=meters }

Andrea Antonello
>> However today in the afternoon I should be able to test the new
>> package on a windows machine. I'll let you know if I can find
>> something.
>>

> only to inform you that I'm not able to run "r.shaded.relief.bat" using
> JGrass console also in JGrass foss4g 2008 version.

What is the error? In that version the env variables were set so that
it should run...

> Have a nice day  ;-)

Well, let's see :)

Andrea

> -----
> Andrea Borruso

> email: [hidden email]
> blog: http://blog.spaziogis.it
> View this message in context: http://n2.nabble.com/grass-%7B-r.shaded.relief.bat-map%3DdemED50-shadedmap%3DrilievoOmbreggiato2-altitude%3D30-azimuth%3D270-zmult%3D1-scale%3D1-units%3Dmeters-%7D-tp823000p1484702.html
> Sent from the JGrass-devel -- Developer list for jgrass mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

Re: grass { r.shaded.relief.bat map=demED50 shadedmap=rilievoOmbreggiato2 altitude=30 azimuth=270 zmult=1 scale=1 units=meters }

iomeneandrei
Ciao Andrea,
Andrea Antonello wrote
What is the error? In that version the env variables were set so that
it should run...
I have not written the error beacuse it's the same. Excuse me.

The (italian) error is:

"""" non Š riconosciuto come comando interno o esterno,
 un programma eseguibile o un file batch.
r.shaded.relief.bat : exit code: 1

My command is:

grass {
r.shaded.relief.bat map=dem shadedmap=rileivo altitude=30 azimuth=270 zmult=1 scale=1
}

It seems a simple environment problem, but I'm not able to solve it.

38° 7' 48" N, 13° 21' 9" E

Re: grass { r.shaded.relief.bat map=demED50 shadedmap=rilievoOmbreggiato2 altitude=30 azimuth=270 zmult=1 scale=1 units=meters }

Andrea Antonello
>> What is the error? In that version the env variables were set so that
>> it should run...
>>

> I have not written the error beacuse it's the same. Excuse me.
>
> The (italian) error is:
>
> """" non Š riconosciuto come comando interno o esterno,
>  un programma eseguibile o un file batch.
> r.shaded.relief.bat : exit code: 1
>
> My command is:
>
> grass {
> r.shaded.relief.bat map=dem shadedmap=rileivo altitude=30 azimuth=270
> zmult=1 scale=1
> }
>
> It seems a simple environment problem, but I'm not able to solve it.

If it is, I will help you to solve it now :)

Is the command  r.shaded.relief.bat colored or just black?

Well i just checked my
plugins/eu.hydrologis.jgrass.console_1.0.0/rt/nativegrass.xml file.
That one contains all the grass commands you will be able to launch.
Could you try to add the  r.shaded.relief.bat to that list? Simply
copy a line and add the name.
It then will see the command. Then we'll see if it runs properly,
since it is a shellscript.

Andrea

> Thank you,
>
> Andrea
>

> -----
> Andrea Borruso

> email: [hidden email]
> blog: http://blog.spaziogis.it
> View this message in context: http://n2.nabble.com/grass-%7B-r.shaded.relief.bat-map%3DdemED50-shadedmap%3DrilievoOmbreggiato2-altitude%3D30-azimuth%3D270-zmult%3D1-scale%3D1-units%3Dmeters-%7D-tp823000p1484727.html
> Sent from the JGrass-devel -- Developer list for jgrass mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

Re: grass { r.shaded.relief.bat map=demED50 shadedmap=rilievoOmbreggiato2 altitude=30 azimuth=270 zmult=1 scale=1 units=meters }

iomeneandrei
Ciao Andrea,
Andrea Antonello wrote
Is the command  r.shaded.relief.bat colored or just black?
It's in blu.

Well i just checked my
plugins/eu.hydrologis.jgrass.console_1.0.0/rt/nativegrass.xml file.
That one contains all the grass commands you will be able to launch.
Could you try to add the  r.shaded.relief.bat to that list
I just have it in "org.eclipse.osgi\bundles\15\1\.cp\rt\nativegrass.xml"

That's all folks,

38° 7' 48" N, 13° 21' 9" E

Re: grass { r.shaded.relief.bat map=demED50 shadedmap=rilievoOmbreggiato2 altitude=30 azimuth=270 zmult=1 scale=1 units=meters }

Andrea Antonello
>> Is the command  r.shaded.relief.bat colored or just black?
>>

> It's in blu.

Which means you have it in the list already. ok.

>> Well i just checked my
>> plugins/eu.hydrologis.jgrass.console_1.0.0/rt/nativegrass.xml file.
>> That one contains all the grass commands you will be able to launch.
>> Could you try to add the  r.shaded.relief.bat to that list
>>

> I just have it in "org.eclipse.osgi\bundles\15\1\.cp\rt\nativegrass.xml"

Ok, this is the one the running JGrass uses, so that is ok. But there
should be one also under plugins. Is it possible that your console
plugin is a jar instead of a folder?

anyway, if it is in there and blue, it should work.
where is the script located? In the same as teh grass commands or in
another path?
I notice that mine is in: /usr/lib/grass/scripts/r.shaded.relief
Perhaps it doesn't find the command because of that reason. I do not
remember whether we add the scripts folder also to the path...
Could you try to copy it over in case ?

Andrea

> That's all folks,

> -----
> Andrea Borruso

> email: [hidden email]
> blog: http://blog.spaziogis.it
> View this message in context: http://n2.nabble.com/grass-%7B-r.shaded.relief.bat-map%3DdemED50-shadedmap%3DrilievoOmbreggiato2-altitude%3D30-azimuth%3D270-zmult%3D1-scale%3D1-units%3Dmeters-%7D-tp823000p1484755.html
> Sent from the JGrass-devel -- Developer list for jgrass mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

Re: grass { r.shaded.relief.bat map=demED50 shadedmap=rilievoOmbreggiato2 altitude=30 azimuth=270 zmult=1 scale=1 units=meters }

iomeneandrei
Ciao Andrea,
Andrea Antonello wrote
where is the script located? In the same as teh grass commands or in
another path?
I have these two files:
"C:\Program Files\jgrass\jgrass\grass\bin\r.shaded.relief.bat"
"C:\Program Files\jgrass\jgrass\grass\scripts\r.shaded.relief"

Thank you,

38° 7' 48" N, 13° 21' 9" E

grass { r.shaded.relief.bat map=demED50 shadedmap=rilievoOmbreggiato2 altitude=30 azimuth=270 zmult=1 scale=1 units=meters }

Andrea Antonello
Sorry Andrea,
for some odd reason I forget about this thread from time to time.

[...]
> I have these two files:
> "C:\Program Files\jgrass\jgrass\grass\bin\r.shaded.relief.bat"
> "C:\Program Files\jgrass\jgrass\grass\scripts\r.shaded.relief"

Ok, can you attach me the nativegrass.xml to have a look at it?
Can you also paste me the content of the bat script?

I gave again a look at your error, since I don't understand what is wrong.

"""" non Š riconosciuto come comando interno o esterno,

This line means not the the bat file is not executed, but the """"
that is inside.
Let's see if we can find something that doesn' work inside the bat file.

Andrea

> Thank you,

> -----
> Andrea Borruso

> email: [hidden email]
> blog: http://blog.spaziogis.it
> View this message in context: http://n2.nabble.com/grass-%7B-r.shaded.relief.bat-map%3DdemED50-shadedmap%3DrilievoOmbreggiato2-altitude%3D30-azimuth%3D270-zmult%3D1-scale%3D1-units%3Dmeters-%7D-tp823000p1485117.html
> Sent from the JGrass-devel -- Developer list for jgrass mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

Re: grass { r.shaded.relief.bat map=demED50 shadedmap=rilievoOmbreggiato2 altitude=30 azimuth=270 zmult=1 scale=1 units=meters }

iomeneandrei
Ciao Andrea,
Andrea Antonello wrote
Ok, can you attach me the nativegrass.xml to have a look at it?
Can you also paste me the content of the bat script?
These are my files:
ar.shaded.relief.zip

38° 7' 48" N, 13° 21' 9" E

Re: grass { r.shaded.relief.bat map=demED50 shadedmap=rilievoOmbreggiato2 altitude=30 azimuth=270 zmult=1 scale=1 units=meters }

Andrea Antonello
Just very quickly,
the content of the script is:

@"%GRASS_SH%" -c '"%GISBASE%/scripts/r.shaded.relief" %*'

I am pretty sure that I didn't add GRASS_SH to the environment
variables to be exported for GRASS support.
Could you try to hardcode in the script the real path and try to see
if it executes? If that works, we have the problem and I should be
able to solve it.

Andrea

On Wed, Nov 19, 2008 at 9:31 AM, iomeneandrei <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Ciao Andrea,
>
> Andrea Antonello wrote:
>>
>> Ok, can you attach me the nativegrass.xml to have a look at it?
>> Can you also paste me the content of the bat script?
>>

> These are my files:
> a http://n2.nabble.com/file/n1518280/r.shaded.relief.zip r.shaded.relief.zip
>
> thank you,

> -----
> Andrea Borruso

> email: [hidden email]
> blog: http://blog.spaziogis.it
> View this message in context: http://n2.nabble.com/grass-%7B-r.shaded.relief.bat-map%3DdemED50-shadedmap%3DrilievoOmbreggiato2-altitude%3D30-azimuth%3D270-zmult%3D1-scale%3D1-units%3Dmeters-%7D-tp823000p1518280.html
> Sent from the JGrass-devel -- Developer list for jgrass mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

Re: grass { r.shaded.relief.bat map=demED50 shadedmap=rilievoOmbreggiato2 altitude=30 azimuth=270 zmult=1 scale=1 units=meters }

iomeneandrei
Ciao Andrea,
Andrea Antonello wrote
the content of the script is:

@"%GRASS_SH%" -c '"%GISBASE%/scripts/r.shaded.relief" %*'

Could you try to hardcode in the script the real path and try to see
if it executes?
I have changed it in:
@"%GRASS_SH%" -c '"C:/Programmi/jgrass/jgrass/grass/scripts/r.shaded.relief" %*'

I have the same error :-(

38° 7' 48" N, 13° 21' 9" E

Re: grass { r.shaded.relief.bat map=demED50 shadedmap=rilievoOmbreggiato2 altitude=30 azimuth=270 zmult=1 scale=1 units=meters }

Andrea Antonello
[...]
> I have changed it in:
> @"%GRASS_SH%" -c '"C:/Programmi/jgrass/jgrass/grass/scripts/r.shaded.relief"
> %*'
>
> I have the same error :-(

Still there is hope :)

Not the script file, but the GRASS_SH should be changed. JGrass for
sure supplies the GISBASE, but I don't think the GRASS_SH enviroment
variable.

I keep my fingers crossed :)

Andrea