greeting and help needed

Josh Engelberg
Hi Everyone,

I'm new on this list and I could use some help with my Mapnik installation. I've installed Mapnik 2 as per the instructions and now I'm having trouble with the rundemo.py output. It generates the demo.pdf and demo.svg files okay, but the .png files are all invalid. Specifically, they are 0'ed out until the last few bytes. I've done about an hour's worth of Googleing and I'm at a loss.

Please let me know if there are any files I should send to make it easier to figure out what's going on. Thanks.

Josh